Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Screwback fake?

Article about: Hi, this was the first medal I ever bought. I picked it up at a antiquity store in Russia, while there on vacation. Back then I had 0 knowledge in the german ww2 militaria area - I just aske

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Screwback fake?

Hi,

this was the first medal I ever bought. I picked it up at a antiquity store in Russia, while there on vacation. Back then I had 0 knowledge in the german ww2 militaria area - I just asked ”is this real?” the seller said ”yes, it’s an original” and I bought it. It was dirt cheap, at 25€ but back then I didn’t even know what the medals were worth, I just figured it was cheap because of how worn it is.

In the next shop I visited, the owner held a magnet to it and said it was a fake (I however know that non-magnetic variants DO exist).

By now, I know a lot more and am 99.9% sure this is a fake. But, I wanted to post it here and rule out that 0.1% that it’s real.

I think it’s a 1 piece construction (from what I know, these DO also exist), not magnetic and the cross itself is marked with what looks like a ”&” lying down and it’s convex. The screwback is also marked, but this is harder to make out, could be ”51”, ”L5” or ”LS” - neither are combinations I’ve ever heard of.

So: Is this some strange variation that I’ve never heard of and real after all? Or is it indeed a fake and if so; any details on who faked it and when?

The reason I have that 0.1% doubt, is that the details on this one are great. Just from looking at the front, at least to me; it could very well be real.

I’ve already purchased a genuine pinback by now, I mainly keep this one out of curiosity and as a reminder of my first uneducated purchase. But who knows; maybe I have 2 originals after all?

(sorry about the rotated pictures, but I couldn’t get them to upload the right way around, I guess because they were taken with the phone ”upright”...)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Screwback fake?   Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Screwback fake?  

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Screwback fake?   Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Screwback fake?  

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Screwback fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Screwback fake?
    P
    Many

yes ,you right ,this the type not original