Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz 1st class 1914: screwback and Third Reich made.

Article about: Even though this is a WW1 decoration this example from my collection was made during the time of the Third Reich. Replacement peices could be purchased by WW1 Veterans for wear. These post W

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1st class 1914: screwback and Third Reich made.

Even though this is a WW1 decoration this example from my collection was made during the time of the Third Reich.

Replacement peices could be purchased by WW1 Veterans for wear. These post WW1 made examples measure 44mm across, like their 1939 EKI counterparts.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1st class 1914: screwback and Third Reich made.   Eisernes Kreuz 1st class 1914: screwback and Third Reich made.  

Eisernes Kreuz 1st class 1914: screwback and Third Reich made.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1st class 1914: screwback and Third Reich made.
    P
    Many

Default re: Eisernes Kreuz 1st class 1914: screwback and Third Reich made.

I'm assuming that the German Government still makes them......? Is there any special difference between the WW1 issued and the later issued ones?

Modern made Veteran replacement peices are nothing like the quality of the products being made before and during WW2. WW1 items are not made today to the best of my knowledge.

Third Reich awards and decorations are made but in 1957 pattern form.
    '57 pattern items always loose the swasitka and generally the eagle too. On all but the early produced items the quality is not that great.

Cheers, Ade.

SS Ring Man
    ?

German just turn thumbs down on bring back the IC to be given out to todays military,has some thing to do with todays P.C. movement and the fact that the "nazi" used it.Never mined that it goes back in there history to the 1300s and was not given out untill 1813.NO it is thoes 12 years that blacken the history of this award.It's like my dad would say about our Civil War since all my pepel were Confederate it was not abot about the 4 years of a good fight.It was the 12 years after we payed hell for

I love them ade , cheers Raymond

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz 1st class 1914: screwback and Third Reich made.

Cool Ade, super item!!

Very nice cross Ade. I'm a fan of 1914 EKI's.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

very nice and absolutely not common or maybe rare.
    it could be a B.H.Mayer or produced with B.H.Mayer parts as I see the typical core and frame.
    IMO other possible maker: F.R.Sedlatzeck - Berlin.

Thanks Fabri, that is good to know.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Good eye Fabri. The frame looks like a very close match to a Mayer.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1st class 1914: screwback and Third Reich made.  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast