Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz 1st class in its box from Jersey, Channel Islands.

Article about: by JERSEY 34 Hi, I am adding new items from my collection to my website, if you want to see more then go to German WW2 Militaria - Home All the best from Jersey, D. Cool vid on your website!

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1st class in its box from Jersey, Channel Islands.

This is the last cased Iron Cross 1st class that I purchased here in Jersey. It came with the EK2 ribbon tucked behind the pin just as you see it, so as I bought it like that I will keep it like that.... just because I can, and when I open the box I know exactly which EK it is and where it came from.
    I was at home one day and a chap living down the road knocked on the door and said his mother was having a tidy up and had found the EK at the back of a draw...was I interested. Obviously I was and made an offer which was accepted. The rest is history as they say.
    Hope you like it as much as I do.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1st class in its box from Jersey, Channel Islands.   Eisernes Kreuz 1st class in its box from Jersey, Channel Islands.  

Eisernes Kreuz 1st class in its box from Jersey, Channel Islands.   Eisernes Kreuz 1st class in its box from Jersey, Channel Islands.  

Eisernes Kreuz 1st class in its box from Jersey, Channel Islands.   Eisernes Kreuz 1st class in its box from Jersey, Channel Islands.  

Eisernes Kreuz 1st class in its box from Jersey, Channel Islands.  
    Last edited by Adrian; 11-03-2011 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1st class in its box from Jersey, Channel Islands.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz 1st class in its box from Jersey, Channel Islands.

A nice original Fritz Zimmermann set. The ribbon makes it interesting, it could be a left over from the recipient's EK2 after he had sewn the rest through his buttonholes. Obviously we will never know but I like things like this that make you wonder.........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

very nice ek1 in amazing condition thanks for sharing
    adrian that sounds like a plausable idea (unless he kept his ek2 together in the box and then the ek2 went walkies) who knows

tom

A very nice Zimmermann indeed! I love the way the number 6 is followed by a dot

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Done for orientation so would not be read as a 9.
    Very nice cross.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Very nice Eisernes Kreuz 1. klasse! Thanks for showing.

Regards

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Done for orientation so would not be read as a 9.
    Very nice cross.........
    Indeed but there is no maker 9

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Germans are known for their precision.

Models of efficiency.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

That is a very nice example. I just love that maker because of that big fat frame..
    Very nice set.

Hi,
    I am adding new items from my collection to my website, if you want to see more then go to German WW2 Militaria - Home
    All the best from Jersey,
    D.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast