Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse.

Article about: Hello, I obtained this Iron Cross second class from a friend of mine. He didn't know if it was a real one or not, so I started a search on the internet. I haven't found any clues that it's a

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse.

Hello,

I obtained this Iron Cross second class from a friend of mine. He didn't know if it was a real one or not, so I started a search on the internet. I haven't found any clues that it's a fake one (for instance there is a little space between the core and the list around it, and it's magnetic etc.). The only thing I couldn't find was a makers-mark on the ring of the medal.
    Now I was hoping people with trained eyes for stuff like this could help me out. Can someone help me find out if it's real or not?

Thanks in advance,

Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse.   Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse.  

Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse.   Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse.  

Last edited by Adrian; 11-05-2013 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse.
    P
    Many

An original cross...perhaps someone will come along and provide the name of the maker for you...
    cheers, Glenn

Thanks for the quick reply! And really nice to hear it's an original cross.

Mark

Moved to the correct forum and welcome!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I good one. Looks like a Souval to me.

Good Souval cross, the ribbon ring however is from a keychain I believe.

Regards

I agree a nice unmarked 98

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks for all the replies and sorry for posting in the wrong forum topic.. How can you see it's a souval cross? Is it the way the numbers are written? I can't really tell the differences without a maker number on it.

Quote by markv13 View Post
    Thanks for all the replies and sorry for posting in the wrong forum topic.. How can you see it's a souval cross? Is it the way the numbers are written? I can't really tell the differences without a maker number on it.
    Souval crosses are the easiest to recognise. Have a look at this thread it may help

Wartime v Postwar Souval EK2.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks Woolgar! According to that image my Iron Cross would be a wartime one. It's fun to learn how you can see the difference between the crosses.

Thanks all for the great answers!