Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

Article about: Good afternoon fellow forum member's. I was at my usual haunt of Earlestown market this morning, when I came upon an EK 11 with a most unusual (to me) shade of red on the ribbon. To me it ap

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

Good afternoon fellow forum member's. I was at my usual haunt of Earlestown market this morning, when I came upon an EK 11 with a most unusual (to me) shade of red on the ribbon. To me it appears more like crimson, the colour is much darker than the picture shows. There are no makers marks to the medal, it is of three-piece construction with a magnetic core, and there appears to be a very slight flaw to one arm of the swastika. Plating to white metal is also very worn. Any thoughts on this?

Cheers,
    Steve.

Eisernes Kreuz 2. KlasseEisernes Kreuz 2. KlasseEisernes Kreuz 2. KlasseEisernes Kreuz 2. KlasseEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse
    Last edited by rbminis; 02-13-2016 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse
    P
    Many

?

Hello,
    I am no expert, but I believe your newest addition is a wartime example made by Rudolf Souval. It is a nice looking cross with some character and the "has been there" look.

Certainly a Souval

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks for the information lads.

This is a Souval piece but IMO the core type is Anton Schenkl