Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

Article about: Hello everyone I own several EK2, some with producer's number, some without But today I would like to hear some opinion on this one, which is without any number,Attachment 1218776 What puzzl

?

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

Hello everyone
    I own several EK2, some with producer's number, some without
    But today I would like to hear some opinion on this one, which is without any number,
    What puzzles me is nothing more than the fact that IT IS TOO NEW TO BE TRUE
    Plus the fact that with no maker's number I cannot confront any distinctive feature.
    So, thank you to anyone who would like to express his opinion on authenticity and -eventually- on the maker
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse  
    Last edited by rbminis; 07-09-2018 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse
    P
    Many

Picture added.

Sorry for the double picture, Vicky your picture did not come up for me the first time.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse  
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Looks alright to me. The patina on the frame is convincing, and not at all like what you'd see on a newly-made reproduction. There are also rust 'veins' on both the obverse and reverse of the right arm, which is another good sign as it's a difficult - if not impossible - characteristic to fake. In my opinion, an original unmarked cross that has been well-stored.

Regards, B.B.

Please be sure to read this thread and use it.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thank You guys,
    The "beading" is in incredibile high relief…!

?

Looks a good one to me as well Vicky and I agree with B.B on the small rust veining on the reverse and the patina. It has been stored well to preserve it over the years and this is a very nice EKII.
    Wilko