Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Deschler?

Article about: I won this at an auction. It was covered in dirt/crud (and looked like a Deschler to me)so I took a risk and put in a low bid. I was the only bidder and got it at a good price. After some ca

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Deschler?

I won this at an auction. It was covered in dirt/crud (and looked like a Deschler to me)so I took a risk and put in a low bid. I was the only bidder and got it at a good price. After some careful, non-abrasive cleaning it looks pretty good to me. Compared to the EK1 in Maertz’s book it seems to have the correct die flaws and may be an authentic one with a B core. That being said I am using an EK1 reference book to identify an EK2, so who knows. Anyone here with knowledge about this maker, your input would be welcome.Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Deschler?Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Deschler?Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Deschler?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Deschler?
    P
    Many

What is the weight?

With the ribbon removed it is 24.5g. I have received my long awaited Iron Cross 2nd Class reference book by Mario Alt. Mine appears to be a match to the first of the two types of Deschler EKIIs described in his book. The weight of mine is 0.2g less than those in the book, but that seems to happen a lot with German awars.

It looks correct to me.
    Did you check the ring for a maker's stamp?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)