Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse details questions?

Article about: Picked this grouping of medals from a longtime friend this weekend. I wasn't totally crazy about the Iron Cross, but got it anyway because I trust this guy, and had been thinking about getti

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse details questions?

Picked this grouping of medals from a longtime friend this weekend. I wasn't totally crazy about the Iron Cross, but got it anyway because I trust this guy, and had been thinking about getting few medals, especially an Iron Cross... Safer bet than buying from someone who doesn't know this stuff very well (which he does), I felt I could buy these three pieces with absolute confidence that everything is genuine and that was the most important thing.

The Cross has a few somewhat insignificant flaws that I thought I would run by people here to see if these are common or not.

1st off, the inner corners of the sliver material are not totally clean, there is a little bit of extra metal cast into the corners and the left side of the cross edge, hardly visible, but on close inspection looks just a little shoddy.

It is of correct sandwiched construction and the black center section, which does magnetize, is loose in the surrounding silver material. Very slightly loose, it will move around a tad if you shake the medal.

I had found another I'd thought about buying, but didn't know the guy from Adam... and I just felt safer with this transaction. I'm not crazy on taking chances with my $$$... especially considering that past experience tells me that it is difficult of not nearly impossible to get your money back in one of these type of deals gone bad, especially if the seller does not agree that there is a problem with his item...

The stamp in the ring is 55, which I'm sure could be interpreted as SS by someone... ;-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse details questions?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse details questions?

Can you post close up shots of the cross please.

It is ok for the core to move within the frame

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse details questions?

all look good to me.