Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse. Fake or original?

Article about: Hello friends,1 week ago i bought an iron cross 2-nd class and i want to know if is fake or original. I paid ~ 80 euro. It is worth? Here are the pictures. Thanks Have a nice day

raulgordan
    ?

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse. Fake or original?

Hello friends,1 week ago i bought an iron cross 2-nd class and i want to know if is fake or original.
    I paid ~ 80 euro.
    It is worth?
    Here are the pictures.
    Thanks
    Have a nice day
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse. Fake or original?   Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse. Fake or original?  

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse. Fake or original?   Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse. Fake or original?  

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse. Fake or original?   Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse. Fake or original?  

Last edited by Adrian; 05-27-2012 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS

Default Re: Iron cross Fake or original

Hi Raul, welcome to the forum. It looks like a Wachtler & Lange. Maybe with a non iron core. If you can see if it is magnetic

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Impossible to be a "7"?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Impossible to be a "7"?
    A Meybauer doesnt have the lug for the suspension ring.

I am sure I can see the scrunch beads but I have had alot of sun today so may be wrong

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi

Looks like a good EK!
    I am not certain on the maker though!

Thanks

Cameron

I think I can see the scrunch beads too but what about the lower right hand inner beading joint, see how its been trimmed to fit with the swastika? That doesn't look W&L to me but maybe some did have this characteristic?

?

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse. Fake or original?

It's a Wachtler & Lange cross but a very old and tired looking example. The beading is very blurred and lacking the usual crispness due to what I guess is worn dies The join between the frame halves is very sloppy looking. I think a late war, late afternoon late in the week cross!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

raulgordan
    ?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Hi Raul, welcome to the forum. It looks like a Wachtler & Lange. Maybe with a non iron core. If you can see if it is magnetic

Nick
    Hy,
    The black core is from iron(i checked with a magnet) but don't have an fix position,play a little.