Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse: Ferdinand Wiedmann

Article about: At long last, my first EK II! Have been after one of these for a while. It's the core of any Third Reich medal collection, and still relatively affordable in most cases to the starting colle

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse: Ferdinand Wiedmann

At long last, my first EK II!

Have been after one of these for a while. It's the core of any Third Reich medal collection, and still relatively affordable in most cases to the starting collector. My problem was finding the 'right' one. There are hundreds for sale across a plethora of websites at any given time, but I never managed to find one that really grabbed me.
    This cross is that one. An unmarked example by Ferdinand Wiedmann, as specified by Espenlaub Militaria. A nice clean ribbon, and with most of the silvering still present around the outer edge. One tiny rust spot to the left of the swastika, but otherwise free of anything other than a nice aged patina. Not a rare maker by any means; in fact I believe it's one the most common. But a nice representative piece that I'm very pleased with.

Have heard that buying these crosses can become an addiction. I can now see why!

Regards, B.B.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse: Ferdinand Wiedmann   Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse: Ferdinand Wiedmann  

Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse: Ferdinand Wiedmann  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse: Ferdinand Wiedmann
    P
    Many

Congrats on your first

Yes be careful I went from 1 to 150 very quickly

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Beautiful piece, I'm sure not your last EK. As everyone says one is never quite enough.

Definitely not my last! I intend to go after a First Class example next, preferably boxed. Specific makers aren't something I worry too much about, so it should by no means be a difficult find. Might also try to pick up a packet for this one, though finding the correct maker might prove to be a needle-in-haystack situation.

B.B.

Very nice addition B.B.! It's not a Wiedmann however, but rather a '23'.

Regards,
    Nick

Very nice pick up Brodie - I can see why you liked it.
    I chose my EK2 which I think has a similar look to yours:
    Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Class

Nick

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)