Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse marked 16 Alois Rettenmaier?

Article about: Hey there guys, I bought a marked 16 Alois Rettenmaier EK2 in Ciney this year. To me it looked original, felt original, is magnetic and is made out of 3 parts. But I still want to know the e

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse marked 16 Alois Rettenmaier?

Hey there guys,
    I bought a marked 16 Alois Rettenmaier EK2 in Ciney this year. To me it looked original, felt original, is magnetic and is made out of 3 parts.
    But I still want to know the expert opinion of you guys .
    Here are some pics:

Attachment 775991Attachment 775990Attachment 775989

Thanks!
    Cheers,
    Remy
    Last edited by rbminis; 12-26-2014 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse marked 16 Alois Rettenmaier?
    P
    Many

Here is my unmarked example, you can compare the details to this one until someone else comes along.
    Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, Unmarked "16" Alois Rettenmaier
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Compare to mine, I have not seen the 16 marked like that before
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse marked 16 Alois Rettenmaier?   Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse marked 16 Alois Rettenmaier?  

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse marked 16 Alois Rettenmaier?  

I'm not sure that is a Rettenmaier. The stamp is very heavy (compare to the stamp on my example. The 16's have a typical S&L frame.

Check out the difference in the dates too

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse marked 16 Alois Rettenmaier?  Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse marked 16 Alois Rettenmaier?  Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse marked 16 Alois Rettenmaier? 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks for your reactions guys. I am afraid mine is a fake. But I am still not sure. 90 euro thrown away :'(

Meybauer with fake mm.

Regards

Thanks Nick! So you're saying the cross is original, but someone just randomly marked it '16' to "increase it's value"?

Yes the cross is fine, it's just not a 16

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem