Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse - With No Manufacturer Code

Article about: Dear Friends., I have a german EK2 of 1939, with solid iron core, it looks original and in good condition, but I have the following doubts: - The suspension ring is not stamped with a manufa

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse - With No Manufacturer Code

Dear Friends.,

I have a german EK2 of 1939, with solid iron core, it looks original and in good condition, but I have the following doubts:

- The suspension ring is not stamped with a manufacturer's code number. Can you tell me the manufacturer of my EK2?
    - I'm not sure about the ribbon... (it past the ultraviolet test), but it's original? from the manufacturer of the EK2?

The fotos are attached.

Best regards.,

VonRiver

Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse - With No Manufacturer CodeEisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse - With No Manufacturer CodeEisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse - With No Manufacturer CodeEisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse - With No Manufacturer CodeEisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse - With No Manufacturer CodeEisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse - With No Manufacturer Code
    Last edited by Adrian; 06-08-2012 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse - With No Manufacturer Code
    P
    Many

Default Re: Iron Cross 2 nd Class - With No Manufacturer Code

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Your cross looks good to me and is possibly made by S&L. It has an original ribbon too.
    If an EK isn't marked, it doesn't mean it's fake.

Regards

?

Default Re: Iron Cross 2 nd Class - With No Manufacturer Code

Lack of a makers marks isn't a bad thing, it indicates early manufacture, pre 1941 I think before makers were required to stamp their PKZ number or LDO number on the ribbon ring (or frame in a few cases).

I'll hang back giving any thoughts on the cross as we need straight on front and back shots in natural light to determine the maker and/or originality. Angled shots and blurred shots can hide the details which identify the maker.
    The ribbon looks fine though!
    There is a pinned photo tips thread at the top of this forum if you want some pointers.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse - With No Manufacturer Code

Hi

A excellent EK2! Not all EK2 were makers marked.

Thanks

Cameron

A nice early S&L imo

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

More Fotos to help the ID:

Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse - With No Manufacturer CodeEisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse - With No Manufacturer CodeEisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse - With No Manufacturer CodeEisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse - With No Manufacturer CodeEisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse - With No Manufacturer CodeEisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse - With No Manufacturer Code

?

Are you guys definitely sure about it being an S&L? I've never seen an S&L with such pointy inner corners and I can't tell the usual beading pattern from these images?

VonRiver, can you take a good, close up straight on shot of the swastika to include the inner corners of the frame please?

Sorry Adrian, maybe I got ahead of myself.

VonRiver, please take some pics in natural daylight.

Regards

More Fotos from the Ek2:
    Daylight.

?

Quote by Ingrid Patrouille View Post
    Sorry Adrian, maybe I got ahead of myself.

VonRiver, please take some pics in natural daylight.

Regards

No need to apologise Ingrid, I just wanted to be sure as the inner corners didn't look like an S&L type at first glance. I think you're right though!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast