Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse opinion needed

Article about: Hello, What do you think of this Iron Cross? Fake or original, and if genuine, Could you provide me with more details if possible, makers, et cetera. I apologise, I have only two photos so f

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse opinion needed

Hello,

What do you think of this Iron Cross? Fake or original, and if genuine, Could you provide me with more details if possible, makers, et cetera.
    I apologise, I have only two photos so far. I will appreciate any comments. Thank you

Kind Regards
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse opinion needed   Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse opinion needed  

Last edited by rbminis; 07-15-2016 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse opinion needed
    P
    Many

I am going to go out on a limb and say it doesn't look authentic to me. The "wear" resembles manipulation by sanding or grinding. it just doesn't look real. Do not take my word though. Maybe someone will be along with better knowledge of these pieces. Good luck!

?

Based on these bad photo's I think it's a fake, an one piece construction. It is also in terrible condition. Just my opinion but I wouldn't waste any money on it.

Quote by Dschop View Post
    Based on these bad photo's I think it's a fake, an one piece construction. It is also in terrible condition. Just my opinion but I wouldn't waste any money on it.
    I basically agree with most of this statement.
    It appears that all of the corners have been beat up so as not to be able to identify the maker. Not sure if it is a one piece or not but there is really no collectible value in this EK.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The core should generally be iron too and I see no rust where the paint has been removed.

Carpediem, Dschop, Ralph, and Glenn66, Thank you very much for your comments. I really appreciate it. I will try to get more Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse pics, Just to be sure.

Kind Regards
    Alex