Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse ring stamped 27

Article about: I thought I'd share with the forum my latest EK2. It is maker marked 27 on the ring. It shows some signs of cleaning over the years and has a little rust spot on the obverse however I don't

?

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse ring stamped 27

I thought I'd share with the forum my latest EK2.
    It is maker marked 27 on the ring. It shows some signs of cleaning over the years and has a little rust spot on the obverse however I don't think this will get any worse than it is now. I store my crosses in a good aluminium case with a bag of silicon gel to control moisture.

I hope you like.
    Wilko

Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse ring stamped 27 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse ring stamped 27

Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse ring stamped 27 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse ring stamped 27

Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse ring stamped 27

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse ring stamped 27
    P
    Many

?

One question I forgot to ask, should I be concerned about the little rust spots and am I storing them in the right way. I keep them in a draw inside PVC wallets in the aluminium case with a silicon packet to control moisture.

The one EK I own also has a rust spot on the reverse of the core. I have it in my display cabinet, sitting out on the shelf, and no change yet. Mind you, I've only had it for a month!
    Apart from a couple of relic helmets, I've had no problems with rust. And my collection room is far from stable in terms of temperature and humidity. The only time I've noticed rust spreading is where I've handled metal items without wearing gloves and not wiped them down afterwards. Apart from that, things don't seem to get any worse if I leave them alone.

B.B.

?

Thanks B.B. my mind is at ease more now. I always handle with gloves if I can.
    Cheers again
    Wilko

I would not be worried about the rust spots, if kept in a stable environment you will have no problem with it and the PVC medal sleeves are very good for keeping medals dust and contaminate free. Lovely cross, great pick up.
    Morris

?

Thank you Morris for helping put my mind at rest along with B.B.
    Wilko

On another point well done Australia for winning the 1st Ashes test.

No worries mate happy to help, On the cricket your boys need to figure out that you need to put in more than one days effort in a test match.
    Morris