Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Unmarked Cross Identified 56 Robert Hauschild

Article about: Hello, In my quest to identify all the unmarked crosses in my collection I believe I have stumbled on an answer for a cross that has eluded me for a long time. It appears to be an unmarked R

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Unmarked Cross Identified 56 Robert Hauschild

Hello,

In my quest to identify all the unmarked crosses in my collection I believe I have stumbled on an answer for a cross that has eluded me for a long time. It appears to be an unmarked Robert Hauschild 56. This cross has a very unusual 3, on the reverse date. It has a very fat Swaz, and a suspension ring with no hump, on the smaller, thinner side. The bottom of the reverse 3 appears to sit a touch higher than the other numbers, giving it a "floating" appearance. The ridges on the beading, sit high and don't extend all the way down. The obverse date is quite unremarkable. On the lower left, inner beading corner, the beading comes together, differently than on the others (highlighted in red). There are also some outer beading corners that have identifying features, which I have circled. Unfortunately my camera is not the best for pictures of die flaws and the such.

Of course, I could be misidentifying this, and welcome input, however, with the unusual 3, I am fairly certain, at this point. Hopefully this post will help others who may have one of these laying around and wonder what maker it is.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Unmarked Cross Identified 56 Robert Hauschild
    P
    Many

Here is my unmarked "56" to compare.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hey, thanks for posting the photos of yours, nice cross you have there. The 3's seem to be a match to me.