Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz 2nd klasse.

Article about: They are good signs of an original it's true but also good signs of a fake. Fake EKs are made of multi part construction like the originals. I'm at work currently so can someone post pics of

?

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz 2nd klasse.

They are good signs of an original it's true but also good signs of a fake. Fake EKs are made of multi part construction like the originals.
    I'm at work currently so can someone post pics of a '60' to compare?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2nd klasse.
    P
    Many

Hi Kolby and welcome to the forum. I'm not an expert in any way so don't rely on my opinion but these look weird to me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2nd klasse.  
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

What"s weird about it? the numbers or the spacing? I took the picture a bit lopsided lol

KSH
    ?

These are your 60's I believe Adrian . Hope you don't mind

Eisernes Kreuz 2nd klasse.Eisernes Kreuz 2nd klasse.Eisernes Kreuz 2nd klasse.Eisernes Kreuz 2nd klasse.

- Kenneth

The dark cross has the fat Swastika like mine, they re really pretty crosses

The dark cross has the fat Swastika like mine, they are really pretty crosses

?

Thank you Kenneth, no problem at all, much appreciated.
    The '60' was the closest match I could think of off the top of my head but they aren't the same, dates and frame are very different.

I can't think of any other original cross that Kolby's will match and the swastika is unlike any known original so I'm almost certain it is a fake cross. Will happily stand corrected if anyone can match it?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Kolby72 View Post
    What"s weird about it? the numbers or the spacing? I took the picture a bit lopsided lol
    The numbers. Maybe you are right. It could be the angle you took the picture because in the first pic you posted it doesn't look like that.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Thank you Kenneth, no problem at all, much appreciated.
    The '60' was the closest match I could think of off the top of my head but they aren't the same, dates and frame are very different.

I can't think of any other original cross that Kolby's will match and the swastika is unlike any known original so I'm almost certain it is a fake cross. Will happily stand corrected if anyone can match it?
    Probably Ade, Nick and Sonny can help. Let's wait and see

Well you guys could be right, I know they made a ton of those after the war, my buddy bought one form the same guy and he had the original paperwork but mine might be something he used to attract attention to the real one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast