Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse.

Article about: Hi can anybody tell me my if this iron cross maker marked 33 is genuine? thank you.

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse.

Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse.Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse.Hi can anybody tell me my if this iron cross maker marked 33 is genuine?
    thank you.
    Last edited by Adrian; 06-16-2011 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Iron cross

Maker 33 did not make EK2's..
    I think we need better pics to see if the cross are good, and just the makermark are postwar.

sorry cant get better pictures.description on the website reads,mid to late war issue with plated frame.....

It could be the original ring has been replaced by a ring with mm, to increase the value. Or the seller looked wrong.
    Ask the seller for more pics. If he doesn't give you any, pass on it. There are plenty of crosses left.

Regards

Hi Gareth, I would be suspicious if the dealer thinks its a 33 ! As sonny says try and get better pics. Good advice from Ingrid!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Hi Gareth, I would be suspicious if the dealer thinks its a 33 ! As sonny says try and get better pics. Good advice from Ingrid!

Nick
    Any basic advice i should have before buying an iron cross?
    thanks

Gareth

Just do exactly what you are doing now and posts pics on this forum. The clearer the better.

There are some amazing experts here who will quickly give you advice and info.

Also do lots of research on the forums and read lots of threads,and of course buy books and magazines

Happy collecting

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

cross is maker marked 26 or28 ?:not 33!!!! cant see it too good

?

Welcome to the forum Gareth and thank you for posting.
    As already mentioned, no original marked '33' EK2s have been seen, the same for makers '26' and '28'. Sometimes original stamps on the ring are mis-aligned or just poorly struck which can lead to misreading of the number. I'm certain the cross is original though.
    As Nick has said, basic advice is to post any potential purchase before buying until you're confident enough to tell the good from the bad, ask questions, no-one here will mind answering them. Use the search button for research. Get good quality, clear pics from the seller - if they can't provide them, walk away. Remember it's easier to keep the money in your pocket than spend it and try to claim it back afterwards.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse.

I 'm fully agree with Adrian