MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse for discussion

Article about: by TIGER88 Well done Ralph, another fine example. The Austrian tri-fold display is always impressive. Cheers, Carl Thank you Carl. I have been looking for one of these for a while. Maybe two

?

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse for discussion

Quote by rbminis View Post
    As promised, more photos, after a little adjustment. (for Adrian)
    Thank you Ralph. I've been having sleepless nights for a few weeks worrying about this.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse for discussion
    P
    Many

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Thank you Ralph. I've been having sleepless nights for a few weeks worrying about this.
    Thanks Adrian, I have been having sleepless nights for a few weeks just waiting for it to show up!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Nice EK mate
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Thanks Adrian, I have been having sleepless nights for a few weeks just waiting for it to show up!
    Ralph.
    I can sympathize Ralph. The affliction of a militaria collector.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Nice EK mate
    Thank you Chris!
    Ralph.

- - Updated - -

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I can sympathize Ralph. The affliction of a militaria collector.
    Actually Adrian, it is likely more due to work as I often receive calls in the middle of the night and have to go into work. lol
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Very nice and unusual looking cross you have landed there Ralph.

As an aside, have any of you guys ever seen a period photo of a '39 EK2 on one of these Austrian mounts?
    I have yet to see one.

Someone posted (on WAF a while back) a few photos of some Austrian veterans, and while some of their medals were on this traditional Austrian mount, none of their EK2's were worn in this form.
    See:
    Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums - View Single Post - EK2 Austrian mount

Regards - Danny

Thanks Danny!
    A very interesting thread you posted. I have not seen any period photos of these in wear myself. From the two photos that were posted, only one EK is visable. It would be difficult to say that none of the crosses were worn this way from these photos.
    Ralph.

Thanks Danny!
    A very interesting thread you posted. I have not seen any period photos of these in wear myself. From the two photos that were posted, only one EK is visable. It would be difficult to say that none of the crosses were worn this way from these photos.
    Ralph.
    Yes Ralph,

I misremembered the images - I only added them as an edit after I had posted.
    But, the one visible is hanging directly from its ribbon while surrounded by other 'Austrian style' mounts.

I am not trying to argue here - I would love to see a period photo showing the EK2 being worn in this manner, but I am slightly sceptical of these mounts, given the amount of them available and the apparent lack of period photographs of same.

Regards - Danny

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3