Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz erste Klasse

Article about: Hi everybody, just picked up my first EKI. I wasn't able to upload it for appraisal before swapping it with the dealer for some other medals I had. It's maker marked for Klein & Quenzer

Default Eisernes Kreuz erste Klasse

Hi everybody,

just picked up my first EKI. I wasn't able to upload it for appraisal before swapping it with the dealer for some other medals I had. It's maker marked for Klein & Quenzer (65).

All comments, as usual, are welcome
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz erste Klasse   Eisernes Kreuz erste Klasse  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz erste Klasse
    P
    Many

The cross is good but the catch seems abnormally large.
    Could you post a couple more photos of that?
    Ralph.

Edit.

Actually, I see a couple of things that differ from my example. Wait for some of the more knowledgeable members to reply.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph, more pictures. The light is fading here, so maybe not the best.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz erste Klasse   Eisernes Kreuz erste Klasse  

That looks like a Deumer Schinkle with the pin replaced by a K&Q pin

I would send it back

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

If it's a Deumer schinkel, does that mean it is a total fake, or just parts from two different maunfactures cobbled together?

Quote by thecyclist64 View Post
    If it's a Deumer schinkel, does that mean it is a total fake, or just parts from two different maunfactures cobbled together?
    I think it means it's a postwar assembly. Many crosses were assembled postwar using parts of different makers. The parts themselves are original, but they are not 'true' WWII Iron Crosses, due to not being manufactured until after the fact.

B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    I think it means it's a postwar assembly. Many crosses were assembled postwar using parts of different makers. The parts themselves are original, but they are not 'true' WWII Iron Crosses, due to not being manufactured until after the fact.

B.B.
    Actually, it is using left over WW I parts with WW II parts added.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I know Nick would send it back, but what do others think, given that it is a Schinkel. The dealer wanted £185 cash for it, but I swapped my 3 Ostvoelker medals for it, so I don't know whether or not I have come out best or worst.

The dealer wanted £185 cash for it,
    That would have been far too much for this cross.
    Ralph.

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I know Nick would send it back, but what do others think, given that it is a Schinkel. The dealer wanted £185 cash for it, but I swapped my 3 Ostvoelker medals for it, so I don't know whether or not I have come out best or worst.
    That's not much less than what you'd pay for a good cross from a reputable dealer. If you're happy with it, by all means keep it. It's all down to personal preference. Some would be bothered by the postwar assembly, others not so much. Personally, I'd want one that was completely authentic and of pre-1945 assembly.

If you do fancy looking for another one, Weitze has a few listed currently. All unmarked, but below the 200 Euro mark.

B.B.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast