Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz I. klasse with case - but no serial

Article about: Dear experts, I was reading the previous messages and found amazing how you could determine the origin of these EK - wow! I just bought an EKI with its case, but unfortunately no serial mark

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz I. klasse with case - but no serial

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    What is it that identifies it as a Souval specifically?
    Hi Glenn

Souvals are probably the easiest to recognise. I have posted a clearer pic of an EK2 Souval cross. Note the 'birds feet' on each corner of the beading and how rounded the inner beading corners are.

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Eisernes Kreuz I. klasse with case - but no serial 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz I. klasse with case - but no serial
    P
    Many

Hi Nick,

A good tip thanks. I alway figured W&L's to be the easiest to spot due to the 'scrunched' ribs on the inner top right hand side of the frame. So now i know 2 easy spotters

Is the 'birds foot' perculiar to the Souval only? I see a reasonable number of EK's with this feature so in future i'll take note if they are marked 98 or not.
    Also the rounded inner beading always makes me suspicious of a Floch but I don't think Floch's have the 'feet'.

Is there anything to look for to distinguish between post-war Souvals and TR era?

Thanks
    Glenn

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Hi Nick,

A good tip thanks. I alway figured W&L's to be the easiest to spot due to the 'scrunched' ribs on the inner top right hand side of the frame. So now i know 2 easy spotters

Is the 'birds foot' perculiar to the Souval only? I see a reasonable number of EK's with this feature so in future i'll take note if they are marked 98 or not.
    Also the rounded inner beading always makes me suspicious of a Floch but I don't think Floch's have the 'feet'.

Is there anything to look for to distinguish between post-war Souvals and TR era?

Thanks
    Glenn
    Now that I havent yet been able to figure out!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hi Ghibli, nice looking cross and in great condition! From what I can see in the photos the case is in exceptional condition as well. I have a couple cased EKIs, but I think you have me beat on overall condition with this one

?

Hey Dzyner, thanks for your message! I'd been lucky finding this cased one.
    What about yours ? Would be great to see them, did you post some pictures on the forum already? - sorry I'm new to this thread - but I find it is excellent!!

?

Ghibli, Collecting Iron Crosses can become an addiction so watch it

Here are a couple from my collection, an L/56 and an L/11, both both original cases...

Eisernes Kreuz I. klasse with case - but no serialEisernes Kreuz I. klasse with case - but no serialEisernes Kreuz I. klasse with case - but no serialEisernes Kreuz I. klasse with case - but no serialEisernes Kreuz I. klasse with case - but no serialEisernes Kreuz I. klasse with case - but no serial

?

Very nice cased EKIs from your collection!! Thanks for sharing, that's awesome.

Addicted ? Oh yes, I'm afraid this is tool late for me since got my EKI very recently and since I discovered your forum...

I got a EK's just like dzyner's too, with L/11 stamped on the back.

But - what does that mean? Wartime or post war fake? I'm completely lost here.

Quote by swiss76 View Post
    I got a EK's just like dzyner's too, with L/11 stamped on the back.

But - what does that mean? Wartime or post war fake? I'm completely lost here.
    Hi Swiss, Have a read of this thread and do some research on EKs there is plenty of information about. Can you post a pic of your cross please?

Cheers

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...crosses-27960/

Nick

Hi Nick, isnt it the flaw on the beading, on the 12 o clock arm second rib to third rib, that differenciates between war time and postwar crosses by Souval?
    I thought crosses with this were wartime. Glenn66s cross has this flaw, so it looks like a good wartime cross.
    regards John

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast