Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eisernes kreuz ii(pair for opinion)

Article about: Hello one and all,i have a couple of un-maker marked EKII i would appreciate your thoughts on.I have placed them together as to not clog up the forum to badly!The one on the left is what i c

Default Eisernes kreuz ii(pair for opinion)

Hello one and all,i have a couple of un-maker marked EKII i would appreciate your thoughts on.I have placed them together as to not clog up the forum to badly!The one on the left is what i consider to be the better of the two and the close ups of this are the first two close up pictures, i think the core of this one may have been re-painted.As for the one on the right(shiney core paint!)i think that could be a fake as the beading quality is nowhere near as good as the other cross.That said i'm not sure so i would like your thoughts on both as to possible makers and originality.Thanks again.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes kreuz ii(pair for opinion)   Eisernes kreuz ii(pair for opinion)  

Attached Images Attached Images Eisernes kreuz ii(pair for opinion)  Eisernes kreuz ii(pair for opinion)  Eisernes kreuz ii(pair for opinion)  Eisernes kreuz ii(pair for opinion)  Eisernes kreuz ii(pair for opinion) 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes kreuz ii(pair for opinion)
    P
    Many

Default Re: Eisernes kreuz ii(pair for opinion)

Both look good to me. The one on the left might be a '55'. The other one looks like a standard S&L type.
    Wait for some more opinions.

Regards

?

Both are original and in untouched condition. Neither has been repainted, they're in avaerage 'sleeper' condition.

I agree the one on the right looks like a '55' as the rough double beading is typical of J.E. Hammer & Sohne.
    The other I can't tell you right now as I can only view on a small screen.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

On the right, sorry!

Regards

Thanks a lot guys,nice to know they are both good ones as i have had them knocking about in my box of bits for ages.Your help is much appreciated.

?

Can you take any larger shots of the one on the left please? I can't make out the inner corner beading.

I hope these are a help, thanks again.
    Attached Images Attached Images Eisernes kreuz ii(pair for opinion)  Eisernes kreuz ii(pair for opinion)  Eisernes kreuz ii(pair for opinion) 

?

I'm not sure it is a S&L but can't make out any other features from the pics......

How come one is faded and one is dark?

They look totaly different. Ive never seen a military medal in these conditions.

This is like disrespecting old people

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast