Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz - (to me) unknown ribbon?

Article about: Hello guys. This is my first time on War Relics forum, hope not the last! I have one ribbon found, which I believe to be some sort of the Eisernes Kreuz ribbon, but it looks a bit strange an

?

Default Eisernes Kreuz - (to me) unknown ribbon?

Hello guys. This is my first time on War Relics forum, hope not the last!

I have one ribbon found, which I believe to be some sort of the Eisernes Kreuz ribbon, but it looks a bit strange and unknown to me! Maybe somebody can help?

It was found among some stuff (medals etc. ...) of the late Yugoslav partisan veteran. Probably kept as some sort of the war souvenier taken from the enemy? So i think it's probably not some modern replica... but... who knows!?

What confused me here the most was some strange ''button object'' stiched to it! I've searched through www, but haven't seen such thing anywhere!

Also, I notice that black stripes are slightly thinner than usually?

Dimensions of the ribbon - 20x3,8 cm.

I actually collect only ex-Yugoslav and WW2 partisan militaria, but this came as some additional finding...

Maybe it's one easy guess for you guys, but I'm totally stuck....

All the best from Belgrade!

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz - (to me) unknown ribbon?   Eisernes Kreuz - (to me) unknown ribbon?  

Eisernes Kreuz - (to me) unknown ribbon?   Eisernes Kreuz - (to me) unknown ribbon?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz - (to me) unknown ribbon?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz - (to me) unknown ribbon?

Hi nicco and welcome to the forum!
    I'm not sure what it is you have, I'm certain it's nothing to do with the Eisernes Kreuz, even though the colours are the same for this decoration, albeit with different size stripes.
    I'm not even sure this is anything to do with a Third Reich award but would be happy to stand corrected. I hope someone can identify this one for you.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz - (to me) unknown ribbon?

Thank you Adrian!
    Hope, we'll solve the mystery... Even if the ribbon has no connections with the Reich and WW2 at all.

The facts I know and which may help:
    - it was found in Belgrade, among some other partisan veteran stuff
    - I'm also certain it is not something related to any of pre- and post-WW2 Yugoslav decorations. Maybe it's from some other Axis country which copied Eisernes Kreuz ribbon on some of its own orders? Croatia, Hungary, Italy, Bulgaria, Romania, Albania... All of these took part in war on the Yugoslav territory and fought against partisans.