Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes kreuz ribbon fake?

Article about: Hi All! I just got this picture today, someone said the ribbon fake, for me the frame etc looks unopened... any other opinion ? Thank You

Default Eisernes kreuz ribbon fake?

Hi All!

I just got this picture today, someone said the ribbon fake, for me the frame etc looks unopened... any other opinion ?

Thank You

Eisernes kreuz ribbon fake?Eisernes kreuz ribbon fake?Eisernes kreuz ribbon fake?Eisernes kreuz ribbon fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes kreuz ribbon fake?
    P
    Many

It does indeed appear to be a postwar ribbon. Period ribbons have scalloped edges, due to the weaving method. Below is an EK.II. with a period ribbon. Note the loops along both edges. While some postwar ribbons do have the scalloped edge on one side, more often than not one or both sides have a distinguishable 'border' as seen on yours.

Regards, B.B.

IMO, I agree with BB, a copy.
    Here is a photo of one of my Hermann Aurich marked 113 crosses. It shows the edge of an original ribbon.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Yep !!
    B.B. is our "go to" ribbon guy. He studies them among other things.
    D.

In all honesty, it doesn't affect the appeal of the framed photograph at all. If anything, you won't have to worry about a repro fading in sunlight.

It might also be possible that the veteran (or his relatives) who put together the framed photo did it postwar, and used a reproduction ribbon as that's all they could find.

B.B.