Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz show case?

Article about: I just got offered this little showcase. Anything you guys can see from that bad picture? Seller says, its from his grandpa, found it in the basement, box is nailed shut and was not opened.

Default Eisernes Kreuz show case?

I just got offered this little showcase. Anything you guys can see from that bad picture?
    Seller says, its from his grandpa, found it in the basement, box is nailed shut and was not opened.
    I dont know. I think its fishy.
    Attached Images Attached Images Eisernes Kreuz show case? 
    Last edited by Adrian; 04-27-2014 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz show case?
    P
    Many

Did you get asked for at least $20000 for it?

That's what it would be if original as that is a Knights cross with Oak Leaves and swords in the centre

It looks like a repro tribute to Wittmann from the pics

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Just based on what's in it I have serious doubts. I wouldn't mind seeing more photos just to satisfy my curiosity. If it were all genuine you would need a home equity loan to afford it, or at least I would.

Oak leaves and Swords, no less....

(Seller should be badly whipped through town streets tied to the tail of a donkey, if he believes the ridiculous story he is telling)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

like buying a pig in a poke.

?

The seller is talking from his backside.

This is a common lot found on ebay and similar and is made up of completely fake items. As mentioned, if real, the value would be many many thousands of $/£/€.

You can find these cases of awards attributed to just about every TR personality imaginable. All fakes.

Please keep well clear and don't spend any money without posting potential purchases here first. There are many people out there waiting to take your money in exchange for garbage.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks you guys so much. He asked 50 bucks for it.
    Im staying away from it.

?

That's a good decision. The price says it all. Not even the Iron Cross Second Class would normally be so cheap. I am quite sure that you will soon find something more interesting and will be glad that you still have your $50.

Amazing the lies some people will come up with to make a buck. Mind you, maybe his Granpa was a fan of Wittmans?

Actually, you see these things quite often on eBay. Some sort of admiration thing, I guess...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."