Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz vom Opa und another.

Article about: Hallo, ich habe meinen Opa nur sehr kurz gekannt. Er war in Russland und verlor dort einen Arm als er einen verwundeten Soldaten in den Heuhaufen zog, welches ihm gelang. Erst danach ist ihm

Default Eisernes Kreuz vom Opa und another.

Hallo, ich habe meinen Opa nur sehr kurz gekannt. Er war in Russland und verlor dort einen Arm als er einen verwundeten Soldaten in den Heuhaufen zog, welches ihm gelang. Erst danach ist ihm aufgefallen das ihm dabei ein Arm von einer Kanonenkugel abgeschossen wurde.
    Natuerlich war er in Gefangenschaft und war unter den Spätheimkehrern.
    Ich habe nicht viel von ihm, ausser einigen Abzeichen. Wuerde sehr gerne wissed fuer was die stehen und falls jemand mehr ueber die Hintergruende der Abzeichen kennt, bin ich sehr interesiert.

Mir ist bekannt das das grosse Abzeichen ein Eisernes Kreuz is, hat aber keine Markierungen.

Ich wurde mich ueber Hinweise von euch sehr freuen!

Herzlichen Dank!
    Last edited by rbminis; 09-05-2016 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Edited title and to orient photos correctly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz vom Opa und another.
    P
    Many

Please write in English!

Quote by Wuschel View Post
    Hallo, ich habe meinen Opa nur sehr kurz gekannt. Er war in Russland und verlor dort einen Arm als er einen verwundeten Soldaten in den Heuhaufen zog, welches ihm gelang. Erst danach ist ihm aufgefallen das ihm dabei ein Arm von einer Kanonenkugel abgeschossen wurde.
    Natuerlich war er in Gefangenschaft und war unter den Spätheimkehrern.
    Ich habe nicht viel von ihm, ausser einigen Abzeichen. Wuerde sehr gerne wissed fuer was die stehen und falls jemand mehr ueber die Hintergruende der Abzeichen kennt, bin ich sehr interesiert.

Mir ist bekannt das das grosse Abzeichen ein Eisernes Kreuz is, hat aber keine Markierungen.

Ich wurde mich ueber Hinweise von euch sehr freuen!

Herzlichen Dank!
    Hallo und willkommen im Forum!
    Dies ist ein englischsprachiger Forum. Ich habe ein Online-Übersetzer verwendet und Ihre Kommentare in Englisch umbuchen.

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    This is an English speaking forum. I have used an on line translator and will repost your comments in English.
    Ralph.

"Hello, I have my grandfather knew only very briefly. He was in Russia and lost there an arm as he pulled a wounded soldier in the haystack, which succeeded. Only then is he noticed that his case an arm was shot down by a cannon ball.
    Of course, he was in captivity and was among the delayed repatriates.
    I do not have much of it, except some badge. Want love wissed for what the are and if someone knows more about the backgrounds of the badge, I am very interesiert.

I am aware that the big badge an Iron Cross is but has no markings. I was glad about hints from you very! Thank you very much!"
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The Eisernes Kreuz is a 1. Klasse,
    The other is a Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz and should be posted here with photos of the front and back.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/verwu...zeichen-forum/
    The stick pin would indicate that your Opa earned the Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, the Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, as well as the Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

something to keep and treasure.

So sorry about the German language!

Thank you for translating rbminis, and yes, my Grandpa was in the Russian war and lost and arm while he was pulling a wounded soldier in to haystack. He noticed after the fact that a cannonball had shot of his arm while he pulled the soldier in. After the war he was one of the last send home from captivity.
    I do treasure his memory, as much I could tell he was a good man and a kind one. He did always breed Altdeutsche Schaeferhunde (Original Style German Shepard's), and even had some go to the US.
    In breeding I am not saying like today, back than when one got old they breed a litter to pick one for themselves and give away the others to other farmers.

I knew as a kid that there was an other pretty looking Orden with a ribbon, I guess that may have been the 2nd class iron cross. Must have gotten lost.

Thank you all for your help, now i know a bit more about my grandpas history.

THANK YOU!!!!

Glad we were able to help!
    If you post clearer photos of the cross here, some may be able to identify who the maker was. It might also be stamped on the reverse somewhere. If you post clear front and rear photos of the Verwundetenabzeichen in the correct area, we may be able to identify the maker of that as well.

Have you contacted the Deutschen Dienststelle? They may be able to tell you some more information about your Opa. Here is a link.
    Suchdienste: Deutsche Dienststelle (WASt) | Volksbund.de
    Suchdienste: Deutsche Dienststelle (WASt) | Volksbund.de

As a child/young man myself, I was aware that there were a couple of medals that my father kept in his dresser wrapped in Kleenex. It was only after he passed away that they were given to me by my mother. I also received some paper work from him as well. I found out that my father was in the 16th Panzer Div. and also fought in Russia. You can read a little about my father here.
    My Panzer Collection.
    Ralph.

Thank you Ralph! The problem with that is my Father has the medals in Germany and I just traveled back to the US with the few photos I took
    He is not in to Internet or Digital Cameras hehee
    Yes, I do know there used to be some papers, pay-book and such, but I believe he said he shredded them, no use for them. I guess there is peeps who are interested in family history and there are some who are not or not much.

Thanks for the links

Quote by Wuschel View Post
    Thank you Ralph! The problem with that is my Father has the medals in Germany and I just traveled back to the US with the few photos I took
    He is not in to Internet or Digital Cameras hehee
    Yes, I do know there used to be some papers, pay-book and such, but I believe he said he shredded them, no use for them. I guess there is peeps who are interested in family history and there are some who are not or not much.

Thanks for the links
    You should ask your father to send them to you for you to keep in the family. Just because your Opa fought for the Germans during WW II is no reason to be ashamed of him. I am proud that my father fought to defend his home country. We cannot control the circumstances of our births and our ancestry or where we are born. It is honorable that he felt that he should support and defend his own people.
    Also, I would suggest that you ask your father for a copy of your Opa's death certificate as Deutschen Dienststelle would require that for you to be able to get any information about him. They may have either much information, or they may have none. In my opinion, it is worth it.
    Ralph.

Hello Wuschel welcome to the forum! Thanks for showing your grandfathers awards. I have some general questions pertaining to them , hopefully a member here can clarify, and it may also be more for you to research? I always thought perhaps incorrectly, that black wound badges were given for less serious perhaps non life threating injuries. And that the loss of a limb would more appropriately warrant a silver version? And if he were taken as a pow on the Russian front, when were the awards presented to him? While receiving care at a field hospital I'd suppose? And lastly if he were taken prisoner at the Russian front and lived to tell of it he was a lucky man indeed as I thought a majority of them would of died during their internment especially if seriously injured while imprisoned. Please understand I'm in no way attempting to cast doubt about what you were told. I think its an amazing story and warrants further investigation and would be worth learning about! As Ralph stated be proud of where you come from and there s no harm in learning more about your family's history. Again thanks for sharing! And best regards!

Brian