Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

ek 2 dodgy frame

Article about: guys this is my latest ek2 i got a while ago it came from the same dealer where i nearly got a mm 333 cross so i would like to see if it is origional. also it is unmarked and im stuck on the

?

Default Re: ek 2 dodgy frame

more pics a bit better

cheers rory
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ek  2  dodgy frame   ek  2  dodgy frame  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ek  2  dodgy frame
    P
    Many

?

just spent about an hour comparing these pics with someone elses mm4 example and they pretty much match up except on my core the swaz and dates are a bit more blured and a few more paint bubbles, apart from that the frame and core are a match.?

i also counted the number of ribs on one of the arms was that too over the top

rory

?

Yes, it's a Steinhauer & Luck type frame. This 'standard' frame was used by several manufacturers so unless the cross is marked it' a bit harder to pin down to a definite maker.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

cheers adrian this make's ek collecting more complicated i think ill stick to mm example's where i can

rory

?

Yep! Much easier. There aren't many that weren't marked. You won't find a Juncker with a PKZ mark nor a Paulmann & Crone or a Walter Henlein. The first two are easy to identify, the last one requires a bit more research.

?

thanks for the info ive started writing out a list of all the makers but i see one list, then another with even more makers haha

?

Have a look at the pinned thread at the top of the page about PKZ and LDO makers. I've added a post with the known list of available PKZ marked crosses. This is my list from crosses I've collected. It's useful as a guide until you've collected them all and then enter the realms of the 'unknowns'.

?

yes seen adrain, so the 46 makers listed are the only crosses pkz maker marked, i take it that the other unknown crosses would be the missing numbers such as 8, 9 etc. ? the makers of these crosses must be lost to time then. this is fustrating and i havent even started yet

rory

I feel your pain. I have only started collecting the maker marked crosses, have only just 'scratched the surface', and find that there are always more and more.
    Prinzen, Übergrosse, Schinkel form, and who only knows what else.

Its good fun though, enjoy the journey guys

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast