Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ek 2 mm help

Article about: This is my first EK 2. The makes mark is hard to see. It looks like "333" but I am probably wrong. Any comments would be great. Thanx!

Default Ek 2 mm help

This is my first EK 2. The makes mark is hard to see. It looks like "333" but I am probably wrong. Any comments would be great. Thanx!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ek 2 mm help   Ek 2 mm help  

Ek 2 mm help   Ek 2 mm help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ek 2 mm help
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ek 2 mm help

Oh I forgot one thing the ring is marked twice.

Hi, I am really sorry, but this one is a known fake. They were originally marked "666". (The faker was trying to be funny, given that "666" is the mark of the beast in the Bible ) Once word got out in the collecting community about these fakes he halved the number to "333". These are very good fakes indeed. The quality is superb and they have fooled and continue to fool a lot of people.

Please try and get a refund on this cross.

Cheers, Ade.

Ade,

Thanks for the info on the "666" and "333" fakes. I had my doubts about the numbers, but the cross looked so good, I would never have picked it.

Cheers,

Grant

Thanks Ade. Everything I have found recently is fake.

But it is better than thinking a fake piece is real. Any tips on how to spot a real one, this one looks so good.

There is no easy answer to your question. I wish there were. Each maker has their own special die characteristics.

Cheers, Ade.

As already said 666 & 333 are well known fakes. Post here before you buy & we'll endeavour to help you. Stewy S

Thanks again for the help. This is my first year collecting, and I have had some good finds and some bad ones. I am constantly learning more and could not do it without you guys. Thanx!

I went back to the dealer and informed him of the fake and he gave me another one which is marked 49 on the ring. He was very surprised this on got past him. I will post pictures soon.

49 is Josef Feix und Sohne,Gablonz. Stewy S

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast