Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

EK 2. Unique and modified examples

Article about: Not sure if this has been done in the past, so let's try it anyways. Post any of the following for example; field modified, maker variants, ubergross examples you may have! My contribution t

?

Default EK 2. Unique and modified examples

Not sure if this has been done in the past, so let's try it anyways. Post any of the following for example; field modified, maker variants, ubergross examples you may have! My contribution to this thread is the modified K&Q ribbon ring marked 65. The ring as you can see has been crimped by someone at some point to allow the ribbon to sit in a unique manner.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK 2. Unique and modified examples   EK 2. Unique and modified examples  

EK 2. Unique and modified examples   EK 2. Unique and modified examples  

Last edited by Anzel; 01-11-2014 at 10:36 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK 2. Unique and modified examples
    P
    Many

?

Anzel, Only modified Ubergross examples ?? Gwar

?

Any modified or unique EK2....

?

Okay... My Ubergross isin't really that unique...Just thought I would ask... Nice thread though..I look forward to seeing some varients myself... You never know what cool things one may post...
    It will afford me a look-out list in the future.. Gwar

?

My thought exactly Gwar. I was lucky to receive this modified ribbon ring in a veterans box that was shipped to me. I feel very confident that it was not done in the post war years. I know of a photo of a modified EK2 worn around the neck of soldier in 1944 that got my mind wandering/wondering of this ones reason for customization. Just an interesting thought that will never prove to be anything more than what it is.
    Best,
    Anzel

?

Gwar,
    Post your ubergross...it would be nice to see!

IMO this is a smooth Klein & Quenzer cross "A" type iron core

This is my 'odd date' variant EK2

Just look at the 3, and the cross has a lug..

A mystery cross

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images EK 2. Unique and modified examples  EK 2. Unique and modified examples 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Nick, very interesting threes. It maybe my imagination, I believe it looks like two styles of threes on that one cross. The obverse with a more compressed loop (bottom section of three) and the reverse 3 with a more bulbous loop.

My contribution to this thread, a post war made blank cored Souval EK2 for Austrian veterans.

Frames are animal glued...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK 2. Unique and modified examples   EK 2. Unique and modified examples  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast