Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

EK I...need opinions on this

Article about: Thanks Fabri, looking at this badge I would agree with you, just in terms of the date. Robert, can you post any clearer photos of the obverse without any shadow please?

?

Default Re: EK I...need opinions on this

Thanks Fabri, looking at this badge I would agree with you, just in terms of the date.
    Robert, can you post any clearer photos of the obverse without any shadow please?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK I...need opinions on this
    P
    Many

HI,,,I will post better pics tomorrow,,,thanks,guys,,,Robert

hi,,,here are two more pics,,,hard to get the shadows out as i use natural light for picture taking,,,Robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK I...need opinions on this   EK I...need opinions on this  

?

Cheers Robert, the pics show the date slightly better and are useful for reference.

Another "L73" reproduction for comparison. . .

thanks Bill,,,good pics to compare to,,,Robert

KSH
    ?

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Low date, very low swas and floch type hinge block ?

Nick
    Pardon me please guys for a dumb beginner's question - Nick, I can see that the date is low, but what do you mean when you say that the swastika is "low" on this one? I compared its position to other EKs I own and my untrained eyes didn't find anything "out of place" regarding the position of the swastika on this fake.

- Kenneth

Hi Kenneth, "low" in this case refers not to the position on the cross when viewed from the front, but to the height of the swastika in relation to the beading. Hold a cross in your hand and then look at it from the side. It should be about level with the beading. A "low" swastika is usually a cause for concern.

Cheers, Ade.

KSH
    ?

Thanks Ade! Now I see it. Silly me. Another lesson learned. Is there a thread(s) on this forum telling us beginners what to look for when it comes to EKs for instance.

In my humble opinion it would be of enormous importance if the more seasoned members could cooperate in a joint venture to systematize a "buyer's guide" including all the more familiar orders/decorations (ISA, PKmpfA, EKs etc). So that each of these had their own permanent reference thread that members could update and continually contribute to. All of these reference threads should IMO also include a general list and pictures of characteristics to look for.

I of course don't have the knowledge to contribute anything for such a project, but it is a project that would spark a revolution in collectors' knowledge IMO.

Just a dream (I am good at that at least, dreaming)

- Kenneth

?

I'm currently (and have been for a while) working on a 'rough guide to EK2s' identifying all the key features to look for on crosses from specific makers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast