Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ek ii

Article about: My first EK, appears unmarked, would appreciate any thoughts and comments on how to describe it's condition. First post got lost, will see if this one makes it.

?

Default Ek ii

My first EK, appears unmarked, would appreciate any thoughts and comments on how to describe it's condition.
    First post got lost, will see if this one makes it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ek ii   Ek ii  

Ek ii   Ek ii  

Ek ii  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ek ii
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Ek ii

Hi Simon,
    This one looks like a '27' Anton Schenkl's Nachf. - Wien. I would describe it as average 'sleeper' condition, untouched since the war. A good honest piece.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I think Adrian is bang on with his answer, as usual !

Here is a marked 27

Nice cross indeed Simon

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ek ii   Ek ii  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Thanks Stick,
    Being new to collecting, where do '27's rank on the scale of EK collecting?
    And what characteristics suggest it being a 27? I am sure the topic has been grossly over-discussed in the past,
    but as a newbie please forgive my questions <g>.

?

Nice "been there" item Simon. Regarding the characteristics, I would suggest you study the many threads in this EK sub-forum. Here, you will find a lot of fine examples, half of which are owned by Adrian and Nick ha ha! Be prepared for some late nights though, the study of EKII's is a lengthy process. My good lady recently bought me a fantastic coffee maker, a welcome addition to my studying aids!

Regards,

Carl

?

Thanks--as if I don't have enough demands on my time now <g>. The off-center date on the reverse was a minor concern to me, but I am guessing that is typical for this maker?

As a great EK collector once told me... ' its all in the '3's..'

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

I based my assumption on the maker by the dates. The frame beading is also a very close match to my marked '27'. The off centre reverse is not a problem, many EK cores move within the frame and therefore the dates can and will shift position.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

It still amazes me that you people can tell the maker of a cross just by looking at the minor details.

KSH
    ?

Quote by Simon2 View Post
    Being new to collecting, where do '27's rank on the scale of EK collecting?
    Very fine cross indeed! Crosses made by this maker are common, but I personally like them very very much and they are among my favorite 1939 EKIIs. This maker used cores from Souval which also was based in Wien. I know they are not among Adrian's favorites though

Here is my 27 with one of the most gorgeous examples of patina I have in my collection:

Ek iiEk ii

Regards,

Kenneth S-H.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast