Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

EK II 93 thats been through the wars

Article about: Thanks for the replies guys. How do i remove super glue without damaging the rest of the black paint. I’ve been tempted to have a shot at soldering it myself, someone might scream fake when

Default EK II 93 thats been through the wars

Hi guys I thought I would post this just in case anyone’s interested Its a 93.
    I read a thread the other week about someone who wanted to straighten their bent EK in a vice this shows how much damage that the beading would have got as it is hollow.
    Don’ t know if I should try to fix it or stick to the golden rule (leave as is)someone has tried to super glue it at some point.
    Rod
    EK II 93 thats been through the warsEK II 93 thats been through the warsEK II 93 thats been through the warsEK II 93 thats been through the wars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK II 93 thats been through the wars
    P
    Many

Default Re: EK II 93 thats been through the wars

Poor EK what a rough life. personally, i'd leave it, but i only say that because i don't even know the best way to begin fixing that in a way that's not so obvious. stay tuned though, someone here might have a way!

a very nice Richard Simm & Sohne it might be worth while to try to remove the excess dried superglue

?

If it were mine, I would remove the dried glue and display in a way that shows how EKs were constructed.

And yes, the beading is hollow, not many EK collectors realise this and it is why you should not put your EKs in a vice!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Considering the condition it's in(basically, uncollectable, to me, anyway), Personally, I would have the superglue remnants cleaned off and then take it and have it professionally silver soldered back together properly. It would at least display nicely then. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Yes leave it as it is and put it in a frame ! I love it! I have an S&L where the frames have totally come apart and I am thinking of doing the same as that 93

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    If it were mine, I would remove the dried glue and display in a way that shows how EKs were constructed.

And yes, the beading is hollow, not many EK collectors realise this and it is why you should not put your EKs in a vice!
    I like this idea. A unique way of displaying an EK. Especially if you already have another one, then this would look great alongside it, displayed in such a manner as Adrian has suggested.

Regards,

Carl

?

Sometimes EKs were not always soldered together. The 'Gablonzer' method used pressure to fuse the halves together. These are often the type that come apart. I'm not sure if solder would work in these cases.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Interesting! Not much to lose, in any case! I guess it's a matter of how you want to display it then. As suggested, you could leave it open to better illustrate the construction of it, or have a silversmith look at it and see if he thinks he could seal it back up. Either way, it's a decent looking cross and worth saving. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Use it as a sort of "cut away" to show the inner workings, so to speak. This is a great candidate for that because the damage is already done.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast