Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

EK II 93 thats been through the wars

Article about: Thanks for the replies guys. How do i remove super glue without damaging the rest of the black paint. I’ve been tempted to have a shot at soldering it myself, someone might scream fake when

Default Re: EK II 93 thats been through the wars

Thanks for the replies guys.
    How do i remove super glue without damaging the rest of the black paint.
    I’ve been tempted to have a shot at soldering it myself, someone might scream fake when my kids come to sell it when im gone(hopefully not for a long time) and the top frame is twisted very slightly and doesn’t fit totally in line with all the edges of the bottom. But i must admit i like seeing and showing how it was constructed.
    This one has been soldered originally.
    Regards Rod

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK II 93 thats been through the wars
    P
    Many

?

To be honest, I would still advise against getting it re-soldered. There are enough original crosses out the for relatively little money that haven't come apart, how much will a silversmith or jeweller charge to repair it? It will never look the same or be the same no matter how good the repair is. The silver smith will have to take the edges off to remove solder and neaten them up which will make the cross smaller, you will then also have shiny edges and patinated frames. Keep it, enjoy it for what it is and get another.
    I would really appreciate it if you could post some good clear shots of the inside of the frames for reference if possible please Rod?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    If it were mine, I would remove the dried glue and display in a way that shows how EKs were constructed.
    I totally agree with Adrian....leave it alone, a great way to show its construction, I have often thought of buying such a cross for that purpose ! a great talking point in an EK collection !
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by oradour View Post
    I totally agree with Adrian....leave it alone, a great way to show its construction, I have often thought of buying such a cross for that purpose ! a great talking point in an EK collection !
    Prost ! Steve.
    I totally agree with Adrian

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I think your all correct it is quite interesting the way it is, thats why i posted it so that everyone else could see its construction. probably will leave it alone. I will be getting more in the future anyway as its still early days in my collecting career.
    I will have another shot at trying to get some clear pictures of the inside Adrian, the trouble is its still joined across the top arm with the ring on it , it must be giving it extra strength. Will see what I can do without damaging it further.
    Thanks
    Rod

Don't know if these are any good Adrian
    EK II 93 thats been through the warsEK II 93 thats been through the wars

I agree with Adrian.

Regards

heres an idea to display it

EK II 93 thats been through the wars

Rod,
    Just so you are aware, there are products available that dissolve super glue. It is also possible to resolder these. Here is an example that I picked up cheap due to the poor solder job that someone had done before. I unsoldered it, cleaned up the old solder and resoldered it again. You will notice the un-matched corners in the first two photos. You will also see some of the excess solder in the first two photos. The rest of the photos are after I repaired it. The patina will return.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK II 93 thats been through the wars   EK II 93 thats been through the wars  

EK II 93 thats been through the wars   EK II 93 thats been through the wars  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by plumbob View Post
    Don't know if these are any good Adrian
    EK II 93 thats been through the warsEK II 93 thats been through the wars
    Yep, ideal, thanks Rod. We don't get to see the insides of an EK very often.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2