MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

EK II: Original or fake?

Article about: by GreekMilitaria i think its repro not sure though by GreekMilitaria yes i will agree with adrian its original...but it looks kinda repainted

?

Default Re: EK II: Original or fake?

Quote by GreekMilitaria View Post
    i think its repro not sure though
    yes i will agree with adrian its original...but it looks kinda repainted

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK II: Original or fake?
    P
    Many

The 1939 marking was suspicious at a first look but its ok

MTH
    ?

Yes, i can't find a makers stamp...

?

The 1939 marking was suspicious at a first look but its ok
    Just for the record, Klein & Quenzer used about fifteen different variations in their cores and the '1939' date.

ok thanks for this one

?

ok thanks for this one
    Just be aware that the age to use the forum is actually 18 years old. Any members here who are younger than that are here on merit. If you conduct yourself and reply to threads in an educated way and can prove you are here to learn and not try and make out you know everything you will be welcome and encouraged.
    If you persist in guessing at things hoping you are right and making speculative posts based on no knowledge, as can be seen by the content of your posts, your participation here will be monitored. If your comments are disruptive and show you have know knowledge of the subject matter which is easy to tell by the content of your posts then your membership will be terminated.
    If you don't know, don't guess. Read, learn and answer threads based upon what you've learnt. Think before you type.

Its an original, but the inner-core seems to be re-painted to me. I wish people didn't do that, although some EK's do tend to loose the black paint.
    But for 50 euros it's a steal. I would clean up the new paint if it was mine, see if it comes off easy, if not leave it, but thats just my thoughts.

Imo i would not suggest cleaning it because you could ruin it if you make one mistake and this means its history lost forever.

?

I would agree with Daniel. It seems to have been touched up where the core has had some rust or flaking paint. To remove it might do more damage and it won't look right no matter what. Best to leave it as is. The price you paid wasn't high so enjoy it for what it is.

i just told my opinion why reacting like this? And why you don't explain how you came up with the conclusion that its not fake so "younger" members can learn from you... i just logged in this forum to share my items and also see other collections... And why judge my posts? I am just asking for opinions and i just tell mine... since when saying your opinion is bad? And if you say it was a guess you are wrong i was just suspicious about the 1939 that's all...And also we learn from our mistakes...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast