Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

EK II: Original or fake?

Article about: by GreekMilitaria i think its repro not sure though by GreekMilitaria yes i will agree with adrian its original...but it looks kinda repainted

?

Default Re: EK II: Original or fake?

Your opinion is fine but guessing is not an opinion, it is a pure guess and you had a 50/50 chance of being right. You had no idea if it was good or bad.
    You went from saying it's a repro with no explanation to agreeing it was original within minutes. I can tell you it is an original from many years of experience collecting EKs and knowing the characteristics of a good one from a bad one, I can tell you the maker of it from experience and that it matches known and accepted wartime originals from this maker.

I can back up my thoughts that it's an original piece whereas you guessed and got it wrong with no foundation to your guess.

Now, if you posted a piece for evaluation and someone guessed that it was original, you went ahead and bought that piece based upon someone's guess and then found out from more experienced collectors that it was a fake, how would you be feeling?

I have no problem with you joining the forum and sharing your collection. I judge posts because I moderate this section of the forum and have to judge posts and the person behind them. I judge that you have very little knowledge of this subject matter and make posts with no knowledge to back up your words.
    Therefore as part of moderating this section of the forum it is my responsibility to point out to you that I will not tolerate you giving information to other collectors that you clearly don't have any idea about and it is also my responsibility to make the other users of this forum aware that your comments need checking out and not to take them at face value because the person posting clearly doesn't have a great deal of subject matter knowledge.

Yes, we all learn from our mistakes and if you were concerned about the '1939' date, why not just say so in your opening post instead of coming out with a statement that it's a repro but you're not sure? If you're not sure why state something and then add a disclaimer?

Back up your posts with reason and show that you make statements based upon something other than guesswork and there is no problem. Guessing first and asking questions later is not how we learn from our mistakes. It's how mistakes are corrected.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK II: Original or fake?
    P
    Many

ok I will not be answering again if I lack of knowledge about something

?

It's fine to answer as long as you can back up your answer with some thoughts and reasons why you gave a particular answer. If you don't know for sure, ask questions, use the search function and compare things, make observations and you'll soon pick up a surprising amount in a short time.
    Having a guess just on the chance you might be right isn't the best way to learn. Study and observe, listen to the experienced collectors here. There are a lot of good people on this forum who are very helpful and keen to see new collectors enjoy the hobby.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by GreekMilitaria View Post
    ok I will not be answering again if I lack of knowledge about something
    Good to see someone so young with an interest in military history!

You will learn so much here, each day you will become wiser to the subject!

What are your subject interests ?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Greek..the resources here are quite exhaustive and I am sure you will gain much knowledge just by reading and comparing. The last thing you want to do is give out advice you are unsure of to another collector which will be both costly for you and the other person. I encourage you to read and take the time to do so. You will benefit from it!....Choose this path of education and your tenure here will be long. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

i already have a repro Iron Cross and it looked like mine that's why @wooglar i've benn collecting for 5 months and now i collect everything that is ww2 but i have more interesting in German and British/US items
    @Larry i hope that this forum help me so far i have learned many things about my collection looking forward to learn more!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3