Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

EK II wirh no deposit or dust at all...looks modern! Is it ?

Article about: Hello everyone, It is so good to find you and this beautiful forum I am a collector of antique coins from Imperial Rome, recently attracted by EKs. I just bough 2 iron crosses, and eventuall

?

Default EK II wirh no deposit or dust at all...looks modern! Is it ?

Hello everyone,
    It is so good to find you and this beautiful forum
    I am a collector of antique coins from Imperial Rome, recently attracted by EKs.
    I just bough 2 iron crosses, and eventually I have 30 days to adhere to my right of withdrawal. Now that they are in my hand I see they have no concretion, dust, deposit whatsoeber, not even underneath the beading (with a die flaw btw); the core is the same, flawless black. The problem is that they are both too perfect, they do not look like they are 70 years old. It seems like a modern replica. Is that possible? What do you think? Thank you.
    (Below one of the two crosses)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK II wirh no deposit or dust at all...looks modern! Is it ?   EK II wirh no deposit or dust at all...looks modern! Is it ?  

Last edited by vicky; 05-31-2014 at 05:35 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK II wirh no deposit or dust at all...looks modern! Is it ?
    P
    Many

Hi Vicky

Welcome to the forum

Please can you post more pics of both crosses

Thanks

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hi, certainly:
    to follow 2 more pictures of the same cross as before:
    The suspension ring is detached from the frame,
    the edges are very well finished
    there are flaws on the beading
    (I am trying to point out all the "unusual parts..." at least unusual to me...)
    I hope the pictures are enough, otherwise let me know!
    Cheers,
    V
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK II wirh no deposit or dust at all...looks modern! Is it ?   EK II wirh no deposit or dust at all...looks modern! Is it ?  

?

Next are some pictures of another different cross.
    What puzzles me are some flaws on the swastika, and on the date of the reverse, but also the unfinished sharp cutting edges visible in two photos.
    A weird "Junction" is also visible on an outer corner of the frame
    While the EK looks new, the ribbon ring looks pretty beaten up.
    There is also an iridescence on the silver frame, step and beading which could be made up with iodine. Underneath the silver is shining..
    Thank you all for your "judgement" on authenticity

EK II wirh no deposit or dust at all...looks modern! Is it ?   EK II wirh no deposit or dust at all...looks modern! Is it ?  

EK II wirh no deposit or dust at all...looks modern! Is it ?   EK II wirh no deposit or dust at all...looks modern! Is it ?  

Last edited by vicky; 05-31-2014 at 07:44 PM.

?

Anyone for an opinion...?

Why dont you post the both EKs, obverse and reverse and not just the detailed shots.

Two good standard S&L's IMO.

Regards

?

Quote by Nick Hessens View Post
    Two good standard S&L's IMO.

Regards
    Thanks for your opinion, but...what does "S&L" stand for ?

P.S. Oh, I see it stands for "Steinhauer & Luck" of Ludenscheid...

Maker Steinhauer & Luck. They usually marked their crosses with a no 4.

Yours are more likely early war if they have no maker mark

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2 nice crosses.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast