Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

EK1 and 2 - purchased - can you help please?

Article about: Dear All, I am new to collecting, went to a reputable dealer who has sold me an EK1 and 2 - i looked for the things that i found on the internet, but because of my inexperience I am not sure

?

Default EK1 and 2 - purchased - can you help please?

Dear All,

I am new to collecting, went to a reputable dealer who has sold me an EK1 and 2 - i looked for the things that i found on the internet, but because of my inexperience I am not sure if I have the genuine articles. I would be so pleased if you could help me with identifying if these are fakes or the original items.

I have an EK1 and 2 - no marks. I read about unmarked Godets? Could this be what I have? Also I reads about the early EK1 using the dyes from the WW1 - could this be my example? If I need to take them back, i should do so very soon.

Thank you in advance for your help - I am willing to learn all i can about these awards.

PS. Was told that a Knight's Cross without paperwork and box would be about £6K GBP - is this an accurate figure?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK1 and 2 - purchased - can you  help please?   EK1 and 2 - purchased - can you  help please?  

EK1 and 2 - purchased - can you  help please?   EK1 and 2 - purchased - can you  help please?  

EK1 and 2 - purchased - can you  help please?   EK1 and 2 - purchased - can you  help please?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK1 and 2 - purchased - can you  help please?
    P
    Many

Both appear to be original crosses...hopefully someone will come along and help you identify the manufacturers as well...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Thanks Glenn - what should I have looked for when getting them to know that its the real deal?

Would like to know the makers - is it wrong to want to buy another?

Thanks again

I can see the seam on the EKI, and it's apparent to me that the EKII is also three-piece construction (two outside silver frames, center iron core, like a sandwich!)...also the correct hardware on the reverse of the EKI.
    These can be addicting, friend...I currently have four of them in my collection...
    cheers, Glenn

Hi and welcome to the forum! Take a look in this section of the forum for information on marked and unmarked crosses and the use of WW1 dies, I'm sure there are some threads around.

Your EK2 is a nice unmarked '65' for Klein & Quenzer. Can we see a straight on shot of the reverse of the EK1 please?

Best regards

?

Default Uploaded Photo EK1 Reverse - straight profile

Thank you so much for your help.

Please find the reverse of the EK1.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK1 and 2 - purchased - can you  help please?  

Thanks for the extra photo, much better now. It looked like the hinge block was standing up in your first pic.

I think it's an S&L, but I'm not sure. Wait until an EK1 guru (the other Nick) comes around...

Here are some good reference links with photos on different makers you can use:
    EK2 DNA
    EK1 DNA

Regards,
    Nick

?

Nick,
    Thank you again. It has been a week where my learning curve has been steep!

I have been looking at the forums all night. Brilliant.

?

Welcome to the forum.

The EK1 is indeed a Steinhauer & Luck. The reverse catch is easily identifiable as this manufacturer used it on several of their products such as this Minesweeper badge:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK1 and 2 - purchased - can you  help please?  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

both good crosses. no problems here as the others have said.

your question about the RK can't really be answered in the sense that sure... 6000 GBP doesn't sound wildly off, but there is simply no way to judge this without pictures of the exact item. and then, there's a range so you'll hear differing estimates from different people. but just to ballpark it, you'd need to know whether the ribbon is there for example. other things you have stated. without pictures, however, the bottom line is you really can't answer your question.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast