Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

EK1 box , fake or not?

Article about: hello again guys , i have here a box for the iron cross first class , i would like to have this in my collection but I'm not sure that it's the real deal . can you help . i think that the in

Default Re: EK1 box , fake or not?

I asked about the code thing awhile back too but no-one really knew what it signified (if anything).

Heres my EK1 etui exposed for comparison

EK1 box , fake or not?EK1 box , fake or not?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK1 box , fake or not?
    P
    Many

Glenn

KB 621 is the number I would expect to see on these inserts

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

True, a quick web search has found the 621KB to be very common on EK1 and KVK1 award boxes. Oddly enough the 626KB that started this thread seems to be connected to LW Observer and pilot badges (according to the survey conducted over on the WAF over the last few years)

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    True, a quick web search has found the 621KB to be very common on EK1 and KVK1 award boxes. Oddly enough the 626KB that started this thread seems to be connected to LW Observer and pilot badges (according to the survey conducted over on the WAF over the last few years)
    Thats interesting information Glenn !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

626 kb ?? the first box is numbered 643 KB are you referring to that one and if yes , what can it mean that its a mismatch of parts old and new or that the producer of Luftwaffe Observer badges also made ek1 boxes ?
    Tennants Auctioneers: A German Third Reich Iron Cross, First Class,
    here is one example for sale that i think is genuine and it has the same KB number .
    Last edited by tudorjuc; 01-22-2012 at 07:26 PM.

No idea about 643KB, this isn't a speciality of mine, you can refer to this thread codes in cases question - Page 3 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums but even there the 643KB isn't mentioned, it might give you some useful information otherwise though.

yes you are right it isn't mentioned but there is a 642 KB , witch belongs to a gold wound badge . there they tried to get to a understanding of what the KB series stand for , but from what i read there is no valid explanation for the meaning of "KB", and even if some of the ek1 boxes have the 621kb number it isn't a general feature . a thought popped in my mind what do 1957 ek1 boxes look like and can this 643 KB be one ,because from what i understand they were made from original remaining ww2 parts and pieces considering this is there a way in with one could identify a 57 box .

in conclusion can i bid on this item is it trustworthy ?

Well usually the cases go for around 150 euro, so with some uncertainty over the inlay with your example I'd probably go as high as 100 euro. It depends on how much you like it really, obviously the cheaper you can get it the better. Good luck!

Tanx for the advice i hope i can buy it if i will ill poast some nice pics here of my collection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2