Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ek1 and ek2

Article about: very nice crosses adrian i love the 38 marked one it looks like a been there seen that cross tom

Default ek1 and ek2

hi chaps

can someone direct me to a good source regarding eks including maker marks either website or book or just list them (if thats actually possible)

thanks

tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ek1 and ek2
    P
    Many

Default Re: ek1 and ek2

?

I'm fairly sure you'll find most of them on here Tom, if you can't find a particular mark, just shout, someone will have one.
    Gordon Williamson has written a book on the 1939 EKs and Dietrich Maerz has written a book exclusively about EK1s with an follow up EK2 book due out very shortly.
    If you want a complete list of makers and a list of EK2 makers look at the sticky thread at the top of the page regarding PKZ/LDO makers.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

thanks never really thought there were actually that many

tom

ps any ideas as to why no.38 is unknown

?

Quote by talltom View Post
    thanks never really thought there were actually that many

tom

ps any ideas as to why no.38 is unknown
    There are several unknowns, '75' is another. I'm not sure why some remain unknown but maybe over time and with dedicated collectors examining things with minute detail they will become known.

I've always wondered why some numbers are missing. There's most likely a reason. But as a badge collector i've never really thought about it. Stewy

thank you adrian i will look out for these books does anyone have a 38 or 75 marked cross to show off

tom

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I'm fairly sure you'll find most of them on here Tom, if you can't find a particular mark, just shout, someone will have one.
    Gordon Williamson has written a book on the 1939 EKs and Dietrich Maerz has written a book exclusively about EK1s with an follow up EK2 book due out very shortly.
    If you want a complete list of makers and a list of EK2 makers look at the sticky thread at the top of the page regarding PKZ/LDO makers.
    Have you heard anything about a release date for Dietrichs book yet Adrian?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by talltom View Post
    thank you adrian i will look out for these books does anyone have a 38 or 75 marked cross to show off

tom
    Here are both Tom, bear in mind, the '38' is a bit iffy, the cross is original but as this is the only marked '38' anyone seems to have seen, it is best left with a question mark over it......
    The frame and core on the '75' are very distinctive and unique, easy to spot.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ek1 and ek2   ek1 and ek2  

ek1 and ek2   ek1 and ek2  

ek1 and ek2  
    Attached Images Attached Images ek1 and ek2 

?

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Have you heard anything about a release date for Dietrichs book yet Adrian?

Nick
    The last I heard was 2012 and a KVK book was due out before the EK2 work, anyone else know anymore?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast