Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

EK1 & EK2 - Genuine or not ?

Article about: Hi Everyone, What do members think of these two Iron Crosses - EK1 & EK2. There's no makers mark on either and both center cores are non-magnetic. Looking edge on, both crosses have a jo

?

Default EK1 & EK2 - Genuine or not ?

Hi Everyone,
    What do members think of these two Iron Crosses - EK1 & EK2. There's no makers mark on either and both center cores are non-magnetic. Looking edge on, both crosses have a joining seam around them and in parts there's a small gap between the cores and the silver beading. I must apologize, I took only these two shots and forgot to take one edge on. Hope there's enough to see, for members to form a opinion. What do members think - the real thing? Any information appreciated.
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK1 & EK2 - Genuine or not ?   EK1 & EK2 - Genuine or not ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK1 & EK2 - Genuine or not ?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: EK1 & EK2 - Genuine or not ?

Hello
    the 1st class is fake IMO.
    The 2nd class as far seems an unmarked 23 to me but if it' s non magnetic.. aff.. I don't understand, pic too little..

Fabri could be right with the EK2 being a '23'

Here is mine to compare, the inner corner beading looks similar

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images EK1 & EK2 - Genuine or not ?  EK1 & EK2 - Genuine or not ? 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Thanks Nick for showing your nice cross.
    I don't remember to have seen a "7" or "23" with non magnetic core so I think the right manufacturer is another one (if cross is original of course).

?

I think we need some better pictures of the EK2. It could be all right, but hard to see on this picture.

?

Hello Gentlemen,
    Thanks for your posts, I took more photos today, better detail, hope this helps - First EK1 pictures - Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK1 & EK2 - Genuine or not ?   EK1 & EK2 - Genuine or not ?  

EK1 & EK2 - Genuine or not ?   EK1 & EK2 - Genuine or not ?  

?

Now EK2 pictures -

EK1 & EK2 - Genuine or not ?  

?

I agree with Fabri on the EK1 but would like to see some closer pics of the front if possible.
    Not sure about the EK2 being a '23' though.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Hello Gentlemen,
    Thanks for your posts. I did show the iron crosses, to other collectors, they gave them an emphatic thumbs down. I was never that enthusiastic about them - I know there are ones with non-metallic cores - but. I've written them off. Anyhow thanks for your posts.
    Best Wishes