Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ek1 for examination

Article about: Hi guys, I found this Ek1 for sale at a local flea market does it pass the muster? I couldn't get a good pic of the makers mark, or make it out very well. I hope these pictures suffice. Than

?

Default Ek1 for examination

Hi guys, I found this Ek1 for sale at a local flea market does it pass the muster? I couldn't get a good pic of the makers mark, or make it out very well. I hope these pictures suffice.
    Thanks!

Ek1 for examinationEk1 for examinationEk1 for examinationEk1 for examination

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ek1 for examination
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Ek1 for examination

Apart from the unusual and wide pin (which might be a replacement), I can't find too much wrong with it. On the face of it it looks OK but I'm unwilling to give a thumbs up or down from these pics. I can't tell if it's made in three pieces?

Maybe the others can help out a bit more........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Hi, thanks for the reply Adrian! It's relatively cheap, so it may be a replaced pin, though the seller didn't mention the pin.

?

The thing that's putting me off is not being able to tell if it's made in three pieces. From the angled shot of the obverse I can't make out any break between frame and core.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hello,as Adrian has said that pin is very unusual! That said i think i can just make out the line of the join in the frame on the close up of the hinge,the bead work on the front also looks nice and crisp and even.I would give it the thumbs up provideing that join in the frame is there.

It looks like a one piece to me, and I recall seeing that same pin type used on a one piece fake before.
    Not one I would take a risk on.

Regards - Danny

Hello there,

I don't like the reverse hardware.

William Kramer

?

Hey fellas, thanks for all of your replies, given the odd hardware, I think I'm going to leave this one alone... I'd like to thank you all for taking a look, and sorry that I didn't get a better pic of where the frame joins, I'll know to get a better pic of that next time.
    Best,
    Eddie