Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

EK1 is this faKe

Article about: Hello, picked this up recently at auction, bought cheaply as a replica would like to confirm it . This is certainly not my area but am starting appreciate this field of collecting. The centr

Default EK1 is this faKe

Hello, picked this up recently at auction, bought cheaply as a replica would like to confirm it . This is certainly not my area but am starting appreciate this field of collecting. The centre holds a magnet, there are light seams on the edge where 2 parts joined and light finishing on the edges. There is no movement of the centre but a little reverberation when lightly tapped with finger. The beading seams to be nicely mitred at the corner joins. The pin at the hinge on the underside has a lug which holds the pin firm when the pin is placed in the catch. I can not see any markings there may have been once at the top section of the pin. Anyway just wanted some feedback from the huge knowledge base on this great site, Please bare with me never posted on a forum before hope the photos are okay. thankyou in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK1 is this faKe   EK1 is this faKe  

EK1 is this faKe   EK1 is this faKe  

EK1 is this faKe   EK1 is this faKe  

EK1 is this faKe  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK1 is this faKe
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    A straight on shot of the reverse with the pin down would help but I'm not a fan of the hardware set up.
    There are others with more knowledge in EKs than me that will be willing to help.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for the reply, I am hoping to get feedback like this, It matters not on the outcome but I will gain info when I ending searching for a true original. I will pick up a lot of info and tips for when I search out original items, there is a wealth of experience and knowledge on Warrelics .much appreciated Darren

Hello Darren,
    You could always have a look through our Classifieds section. I am pretty sure there are at least a couple for sale there and they will be originals.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

A bad fake Im afraid

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Please see here.

Regards

the pin is wrong imo a fake.

Thankyou for the replies, Nick thankyou for the link, its the closest I have seen to my cross. I was luckier as it was bought as fake/reproduction but some parts of it started to make me think a little. would have been nice to have a surprise but thats life at least my wallet was safe. thankyou again .

The hardware (pin, catch and semi-open hinge block) is late production St&L.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK1 is this faKe  

The reverse hardware, especially the Wide Flat Catch is indicative of a postwar piece. In addition, if you take a good look at the cross you can see that the arms don't have the correct curvature of an original EK...
    cheers, Glenn