Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ek1 l/10

Article about: At last I have added a long sought after L/10 Deschler to my EK1 collection! A bit 'been there' but will sit nicely with her mates Hope you like her Nick

Default Re: Ek1 l/10

Great display.

Just a quick question, as from looking at pictures from pretty much everyone's collection, you all go for complete crosses i.e. with screwback or pins intact.

Is there any reason why you wouldn't go for, say a missing pin or screwback? That's my first question.

From what I can see most people collecting keep their collection hidden away, I'm sorry, but you have paid ALL that money to hide away your purchases???????????.

Me, I love to show my awards off, I have Polish and German, don't care what anybody thinks, if they know me, they know. I don't let complete strangers into my home anyway.

I'm looking at a couple of pinless EK1's. They're going in a frame on the wall, do I care they're pinless, NO, I just want to show the buggers for what they are. Unfortunately I may be an individual breed, but why buy something and not show it?????????

Rise & ReverberateGib mir wieder etwas Schönes

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ek1 l/10
    P
    Many

are you rewarding me with you from your collection

Quote by stefanr View Post
    Great display.

Just a quick question, as from looking at pictures from pretty much everyone's collection, you all go for complete crosses i.e. with screwback or pins intact.

Is there any reason why you wouldn't go for, say a missing pin or screwback? That's my first question.

From what I can see most people collecting keep their collection hidden away, I'm sorry, but you have paid ALL that money to hide away your purchases???????????.

Me, I love to show my awards off, I have Polish and German, don't care what anybody thinks, if they know me, they know. I don't let complete strangers into my home anyway.

I'm looking at a couple of pinless EK1's. They're going in a frame on the wall, do I care they're pinless, NO, I just want to show the buggers for what they are. Unfortunately I may be an individual breed, but why buy something and not show it?????????

Because my wife wont let me display them in the house, as simple as that

Pinless is fine, they are still genuine pieces of history and they are usually appropriately priced.
    They are diifficult to sell however should you ever so decide

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post

Pinless is fine, they are still genuine pieces of history and they are usually appropriately priced.

Nick
    I can understand the feelings, my wife puts up with them (English), but then I have a compelling argument to show them.

It's just such a shame that if you do decide to collect, and it is a decision, that one doesn't decide to show, after all, they were awarded for bravery among other things.

Just 'my' feelings.

Sorry, forgot to add, that either pinless or screwless, they are worth what the buyer is prepared to pay for it, in most cases, not far off the complete price, again it comes down to if your going to show, them especially in a frame (where they should be for everyone to see).
    Rise & ReverberateGib mir wieder etwas Schönes

Quote by stefanr View Post
    I can understand the feelings, my wife puts up with them (English), but then I have a compelling argument to show them.

It's just such a shame that if you do decide to collect, and it is a decision, that one doesn't decide to show, after all, they were awarded for bravery among other things.

Just 'my' feelings.

Sorry, forgot to add, that either pinless or screwless, they are worth what the buyer is prepared to pay for it, in most cases, not far off the complete price, again it comes down to if your going to show, them especially in a frame (where they should be for everyone to see).
    A good point, pinless in frames works !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

nice cross and fine collections nick~ now you really making me thirsty to obtain a ek1
    i see the shape and patten on the Ek boxes are different, is there any meaning for that?

Quote by Emmett View Post
    nice cross and fine collections nick~ now you really making me thirsty to obtain a ek1
    i see the shape and patten on the Ek boxes are different, is there any meaning for that?
    Thanks Emmett!

I believe its just the different makers

I look forward to seeing your first EK1 !

Nick

?

hehe, i ll post it straight to the forum once i got one~oh dear, i guss i really can't save any money at all~~

?

A few battle scars will only make it more attractive to the ladies nice cross

all the best,
    Stefan

Quote by Woolgar View Post

Nick
    Same here

/Jonas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2