Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Which EK1 is the most coveted?

Article about: Howdy, I have a general question about which EK1 maker/(exact maker mark #) is the most highly sought after? And could their be a possible explanation as to why this certain maker makes this

Default Re: Which EK1 is the most coveted?

Agree!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Which EK1 is the most coveted?
    P
    Many

?

The Japanese also made Auxiliary Cruiser badges, very collectible and the subject of another thread perhaps.

Regarding the EK question, there is no real answer. It's all down to personal taste and what the individual finds most appealing.
    To some it's the Round 3 type, to others a Schinkel, to others a specific maker. Some like a mint cross, others like a vaulted battle veteran.

Each to their own as they say, an individual covets a cross for different reasons than the next person so there is no one particular EK that is coveted above all others.

It is however interesting to see what crosses people choosing.

For me, a mint, cased Russian hoard EK1 is the one that I would pick.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post

For me, a mint, cased Russian hoard EK1 is the one that I would pick.
    What's the story behind those, Adrian?

?

Behind the hoard or my reason for choosing?

Well, I'd like to know why you would choose that, as well as the story behind the 'Russian Hoard'. Were they found in a warehouse somewhere in Russia?

?

The story goes is that they were captured on a train in Russia on the way to the front and then kept in a bunker.
    They came onto the market several years ago, not sure of the exact details but the remarkable thingabout them is they they were all in virtually mint condition. A few had some age traces but they are all frosty and shiny.
    All were from B.H. Mayer and all were cased, the cases again in mint condition.
    They look like they did when they left the factory, each one a miniature time capsule and for that reason alone is why I would covet one of these.

Try a search, I know you'll find some on the forum!

I just found a few. Holy hell! I want one! haha

Thanks for the response by the way.

You all have been very helpful. The Godet EK1 is a fine specimen Woolgar. To hear, aslo, about the Russian Horde EK's is intriguing. Gonna have to keep my eyes open for them. How would you've liked to be the fellow that found those in the bunker?

I have often wondered what the US Government has in relics stored away somewhere collecting dust. Wonder what kind of channels one would have to go through to track down all kinds of regalia? I bet it's more than we can imagine!

For me, it's always the next one. But there are a few that I covet more than others.
    First up would be a good Wagner marked 1870 Ek1 (these early Wagners are probably
    the highest quality best detailed Eks ever made) Then would come a 1813 Ek1.

A few of those Russian hoard Mayers were 1914s so naturally, I just had to have one.

- - Updated - -

--sorry I just had to do that
    Attached Images Attached Images Which EK1 is the most coveted? 
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

i missed an 1813 EK1 by about five minutes about a month ago.

that really left a mark.

probably i won't live long enough to find another.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast