MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

EK1 real

Article about: Hi guys, I met someone who posted an ad for an Iron Cross for sale for £30. Naturally it seems far too good to be true and I didn't have a great camera on me. Can you tell anything about pos

Default EK1 real

Hi guys, I met someone who posted an ad for an Iron Cross for sale for £30. Naturally it seems far too good to be true and I didn't have a great camera on me. Can you tell anything about possible authenticity from these dodgy pics? The front of the EK looked absolutely mind and made me think fake, there were no scratches or flaking paint and it looked as if it had been cleaned too. The back has "113" on the pin and looked in very shiney, glossy condition. I walked away from this purchase, part of me however thinks it might have been ok, but only a small part, people never get that lucky surely.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK1 real   EK1 real  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK1 real
    P
    Many

Default Re: EK1 real

Hi Rich,

You're right it's bad. Hermann Aurich (MM 113) did not produce EK1's during WW2.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

if you can try and get better photos, but with that hardware (catch and pin) i would have to say bad.
    Morris

Not looking good

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Terrible photos but even that notwithstanding I don't like that catch at all.

Not original but no worries there are plenty of real EK1. Out there you will find 1 one of these days.

?

The photos are terrible. If it wasn't for the seller saying it was marked with a maker who didn't produce EK1s, we wouldn't tell from these images!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Ah well I went on the spur of the moment with only my dodgy camera phone. Thanks for the feedback though guys. It was actually like being in an Aladdin's Cave of awful militaria. When I was about to walk away the chap pulled out "genuine" Luftwaffe jackets and "worn in" Afrika Corps Hats straight from the fighting in Tunisia. Here's a tip for you, never mention you're into anything else. I said I liked Russian history and before I knew it I had Russian belts and hats thrust on me.