Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

EK1 Round -3 + box

Article about: I would like to show you this cross Round -3 fame type 1 EK1 I just got a collector friend (thanks Jelle) the painting very nice almost perfect What do you think about the piece ?

Default EK1 Round -3 + box

I would like to show you this cross Round -3 fame type 1 EK1
    I just got a collector friend (thanks Jelle)
    the painting very nice almost perfect
    What do you think about the piece ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK1 Round -3 + box   EK1 Round -3 + box  

EK1 Round -3 + box   EK1 Round -3 + box  

EK1 Round -3 + box  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK1 Round -3 + box
    P
    Many

?

Nice cross Sanya, who is the reverse hardware attributed to?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

nice set.

Very nice cross and box. Congratulations!

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Hi Adrian,

It appears identical to the set up seen on early 'Short Pin' Deschler DK's and the spangen to the Great War EK1. They are known to have used it on the '39 EK1 as well.

Regards, Ned.

EK1 Round -3 + box
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hí Adrian
    Yes Ned is right
    I also know how to make Deschler
    but not confirmed
    I once read a theory that the producers were all round 3 Deschler including EK1

""""EKII Round 3, a maker mystery soon solved?
    Never bought the old theory that Deschler made all the 4 standard Round 3's. It is based on the "Deschler hole" found in all versions in the framehump where the jumpring attaches. Too much differs in the frames imo, why have 4 different dies to make the same type of cross? Started to look at the cores instead and found some interesting similarities in all of them. Pics are not the best, paint job and die wear differs and only have one of each R3 version to compare with. Some similarities can not be seen in the pics, a loupe is needed, but they are there.

1. Between the 1 and the 9 there is a edge, it's like the 9 is put "on a base". The hardest one to make out is the 'Thick' because of very thick paint on this cross.

2. A hump on the forehead of the first 9. It looks bigger on some of the versions. Probably a die wear flaw that expanded over time.

3. "Double edge" inside the curves on the 3 and 9's. Best seen in the center of the 3. Hard to explain this, but it's seen on all versions.

4. A hump or connection between the 3 and last 9. This is only seen on 3 of the versions, again a die wear flaw.

Tried to remember any standard crosses with those similarities but drew blank, someone else can point them out maybe?

One that shows most differencies from the others is the 'swaz on base' version. That one i believe is a remade die. One guess is that these really are by the same maker and that logically it should be Deschler but why have the same cores and not the same frames? One maker could very well supply 3 other makers with cores too and at some time the die wore out and had to be remade, creating the "swaz on base" core version.

in pic are:
    Deschler, top left
    Thin, top right
    Thick, bottom left
    Swaz on base, bottom right """"""""""""""""""""

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK1 Round -3 + box   EK1 Round -3 + box  

EK1 Round -3 + box