Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

EK1 Spange.

Article about: I'm not a huge collector of militaria (my two WWII jeeps take most of my attention and spare cash!), but have one or two cherished items brought back by my Great Uncle from WWII. I have atta

Default EK1 Spange.

I'm not a huge collector of militaria (my two WWII jeeps take most of my attention and spare cash!), but have one or two cherished items brought back by my Great Uncle from WWII. I have attached photos of one of these below which he 'liberated' in '44 or '45.

Any info would be appreciated.

Last edited by Adrian; 01-16-2012 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK1 Spange.
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Decoration

It is the bar awarded to those who had been awarded the Iron cross 1st class (EKI) in WWI and were then awarded it again during WWII. It would have been worn on the tunic above the WWI EKI.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice original spange to the IC 1ST CLASS of WW1.Case makes it all the better and its worth about $500- $700 as a ballpark price and prehaps a bit more! I have one with the outside box and they are scarce cased,etc.Goodbuys

?

Beautiful Mayer clasp in great condition!

?

Superb example Geordie! Box and clasp are in great condition, thanks for posting.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Indeed a set to be treasured

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi Geordie, welcome to the forum!

A very nice item, made all the better for knowing who brought it home.

Nice to have another Jeep owner here.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: EK1 Spange.

Thanks Gents...........

My Great Uncle also brought an Iron Cross home - unfortunately I didn't get it........

I also have my Great Uncle's medals and decorations as well as the hand written recommendation from his CO putting him forward for the MC at Dunkirk and his dog tags. All very treasured items. He went out with the BEF in 1940, went through Dunkirk, Western Desert and through NW Europe in the RAMC as a Field Surgeon. One can only imagine what he saw and went through. Never forget.........