Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ek2,1

Article about: Hi Is it genuine? The cross is not finished? I got it from the old man.

?

I wouldn't lose too much sleep, these pieces have survived since the war in reasonable condition for the most part and so long as you don't buy awards in poor condition to start with I think our collections will outlive all of us too.

If you want to preserve your collection for the next generation, just make sure you keep your awards in a stable environment away from dampness, humidity and extreme temperature changes. Don't try and clean your awards if they don't need it, don't take modern chemicals to any part of them. A light dusting with a soft makeup brush or similar will be sufficient in most cases.
    Be aware of what materials your collection comes in contact with. If stored in a frame, make sure the backing materials are archival quality and make sure the frame can breathe. Don't seal them in an effort to preserve them. Sometimes modern materials can give of very very minute amounts of gas over time which will attack and deteriorate the finish of your pieces.

Just be sensible and don't get carried away. Kindness can kill.......

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ek2,1
    P
    Many

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2