Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ek2

Article about: Hi guys. Have just bought my first two items to be displayed with a relic k98 I'm currently restoring. I'm ok on the wound badge which I think is late ww2 and of pressed steel. The EK2 thoug

mpw
    ?

Default Ek2

Hi guys. Have just bought my first two items to be displayed with a relic k98 I'm currently restoring. I'm ok on the wound badge which I think is late ww2 and of pressed steel. The EK2 though is a puzzle. It has no makers mark on the ring, appears to be of one piece construction (no gap under the beading and no visible joint on the edge) slightly magnetic all over and will not bend under strong finger pressure. So can anyone tell me if it is ok and if so who the manufacturer was. Thanks in advance. Mark.

Ek2Ek2Ek2Ek2Ek2

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ek2
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ek2

I'm afraid I dont like the look of that EK2, such rounded inner corners and thick date worry me. If it is one piece then it doesnt bode well.

Lets see what Adrian thinks

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Those dates do not look at all familiar. The frame appears very wide too, and it certainly doesn't resemble a '24' i.e. Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Hanover Plaket-ten-Hersteller manufactured award, from whom one could expect to see a wide frame. This piece does not fill me with confidence I'm afraid Mark.

Regards,

Carl

?

Hi Mark,
    As the guys above have said, this cross is a fake. There are many things wrong with it. The suspension ring is unlike anything found on original crosses, the frame and beading are not a match to any original, the dates and shape of the inner corners. While there are original one piece crosses, this is not one of them. The one piece construction in this case is a sure sign of a fake cross. The ribbon is also a reproduction.
    I would advise you to get your money back as this cross is definitely bad.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Just a wee tip for the future Mark, if you have ANY doubt whatsoever about an item that you are looking at, always post some pictures on here first. Chances are, somebody such as Adrian, Nick, Ade etc will be along soon enough to help you out...and possibly save you some money. Good luck with the refund.

Cheers,

Carl

At least the BWB looks ok! Can we see the reverse please?

mpw
    ?

Thanks for the replies. I bought it on the understanding it could be returned for a full refund and as it was at a regular monthly military fair I'm sure there shouldn't be a problem. The BWB I bought from another dealer and at £15 it seemed an ok buy. It just goes to show what a mine field this hobby can be and how valuable this knowledgeable this site is. What worries me though is the dealer I bought it from based in Islington London seemed to know his stuff and I'm surprised he sold such an item as original. Mark.

Ek2

Sadly some will try and sell fakes if they think they will get away with it

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by mpw View Post
    What worries me though is the dealer I bought it from based in Islington London seemed to know his stuff and I'm surprised he sold such an item as original. Mark.
    Was it a bloke called Ivor?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Ivor Biggin?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast