Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ek2 75. Unkown maker?

Article about: by rube233 I found it in an RZM list. Also their LDO number was L/65. Look at Militaria Archive of Photographs, Photo Albums and postcards relating to WWI & WWII or Janssen-Militaria See

?

Default Re: Ek2 75. Unkown maker?

Quote by rube233 View Post
    I found it in an RZM list. Also their LDO number was L/65.

Look at Militaria Archive of Photographs, Photo Albums and postcards relating to WWI & WWII

or Janssen-Militaria

Seems to be a great complete list.

Joe
    Thank you for those links Joe, I guess the ultimate question is does either of those who compiled the lists have proof this maker and number belong together? Where did their info come from? Was it taken from wartime records - if so where are they and why haven't they been discussed and this matter been put to rest years ago?
    I can't take lists such as those on the websites above at face value without knowing there is definite proof. We know maker '1' is Deschler because there is proof of it, I haven't seen or heard of any proof that number '75' is Franke & Co.
    I'm just trying to question the info and where it came from, not you Joe.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ek2 75. Unkown maker?
    P
    Many

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    Thank you for those links Joe, I guess the ultimate question is does either of those who compiled the lists have proof this maker and number belong together? Where did their info come from? Was it taken from wartime records - if so where are they and why haven't they been discussed and this matter been put to rest years ago?
    I can't take lists such as those on the websites above at face value without knowing there is definite proof. We know maker '1' is Deschler because there is proof of it, I haven't seen or heard of any proof that number '75' is Franke & Co.
    I'm just trying to question the info and where it came from, not you Joe.
    I agree with your sentiments on this Adrian. The list I have compiled lists 75 as an "unknown" so when exactly did it become Franke & Co? Was it because someone looked at the hardware and decided that was who it was?

I'm certainly not saying that it isn't, all i am saying is show concrete proof that it is.

74 Carl Maurer & Sohn Oberstein
    75 (unknown)
    76 Ernst Müller Pforzheim

?

As another point of interest, I've seen on another forum a marked '75' that came with an envelope marked for Franz Breuning, reportedly coming from a vet.
    Can we take this as proof? Possibly - but we know how crosses and envelopes get mis-matched so possibly not!

?

Hmmm... I have to see some kind of proof, before I will take this list seriously!

Yeah, we need proof.

Here is another "75" in better condition.

?

Hello! I sent a question to Klaus Butschek in Germany. I have bought the Third Reich awards from him. One of the EK2, marked "75", is still available.
    .The answer was: "I am afraid I cant help you. There are a lot of discussions about this maker. ;-) enni.

?

Anton,
    Can you take a close up shot of the area circled below please? I've seen this feature on '75' crosses before and still don't know exactly what it is. From the examples I've seen previously it seems to be a plug of a different material, can you confirm or describe it please?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ek2 75. Unkown maker?  

Sorry Adrian I cant help you. The pictures are from greatmilitaria.com and the cross is already sold. So i can't give you any info..
    I would had bought it if it wasnt sold...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2