Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

EK2 Collection

Article about: Hi Here is my EK2 collection so far! The first EK2 is unmarked and I have posted it on the forum before. But because of my rubbish photography skills no one could identify it. So I hope the

Default Re: EK2 Collection

Quote by helmetone View Post
    ....And then comes having them shipped to other addresses so your spouse doesn't see them arriving....this whole collecting thing is just hopeless!
    Been there , done that Yes you start to enter the world of deceit and lies in order to smuggle your new purchases into the house. Your nerves will be shot, beads of sweat form on your top lip and the feeling of tremendous relief once the item is in the sock drawer !

Enjoy the thrill !

Nick

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK2 Collection
    P
    Many

I knew I wasn't alone! And then you get into credit card statements. That will give you high blood pressure. I use a different drawer than the sock drawer....and no, it's not the underwear drawer!

Oh yes the Credit card statements

I am now collecting KM Cap Tallys that are much gentler on the drastic plastic !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Plastic is just too easy to spend. When you actually have to hand over the real cash, that's when it hits home. I once had six combat helmets hidden in closets. Talk about sweat beads. At any time she could have stumbled onto them but never did. I finally was able to use an opportunity I had to buy about 20 helmets (most were post war junk but got me some extra cash on ebay) and I used those 20 helmets to pull the other six out of the closets and pretend they were part of the lot. So now I am free of the helmet hiding disease. At least for now. I'm sure something will come along that needs to be hidden and I will be happy to provide a hiding place. It's all part of the rush!

Hi

I know how you feel guys!

Every time my Mum or Dad ask how much all of the makers and variations will cost I try to change the subject!

Cameron

Hi

This is how I display my EK2s!

Sorry for the rubbish pictures.

Thanks

Cameron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK2 Collection  

?

Quote by Danny70 View Post
    Hello Cameron,

I agree that the second cross is a K&Q, but the first EK2 you posted is an early unmarked Fritz Zimmermann (PKZ No. 6) - the variant with the 'skinny' dates and swastika. (One of my favourites)
    The pictures are really bad, but I brightened the dark areas and you can see the dates match, also note the wide beading.

Here's your pictures again along with my one.

Regards - Danny
    Danny is spot on! The early Zimmermann cross! I've been after one of these for a long time.

If your parents are asking about the cost of your hobby you could casually ask them how much the house is worth and if they've ever considered re-mortgaging........ just casually........

Only joking....... probably best not to!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Oh yes the Credit card statements

I am now collecting KM Cap Tallys that are much gentler on the drastic plastic !

Nick
    Sure,Nick...Try telling us that again when you pick up that Bismark Tally....lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi

Here is my updated EK collection!

Thanks

Cameron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK2 Collection  

I've had 3 helmets hidden for over a year now!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast